Guest Room - Do you have one?

My mom has a fold out one-person mattress and I absolutely love it. Think of it like 3 connected couch cushions, each about 4 inches high, and the 3 fold together in a 3-high stack. I consider the most comfortable mattress I use and in less than one minute at night in the morning I have made my bad and put it away or taken it out. I place it behind a chair. This is what I sleep on there, in her living room, even when a bed is available. I find air mattresses just too much work.

A common thing here in the Philippines is a thin mattress (maybe 3 inches thick) that you lay out on the floor and then put away when not using it. I saw a full-size one at the department store yesterday for $25.

Wow, Moe, right on the water! That could be fabulous most of the time, unless there is a hurricane!

Indeed! I doubt I'd want to be that close to water. We have had two close brushes with hurricanes in the last ten years.

This is the view out back after the last one in October:

Attachments

• backyard_view.jpg
    backyard_view.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: W2R
So many beautiful views. Seeing them makes me want to travel. So many places, so little time!

here you are. Picture taken at night. I am next to the Sears / Willis Tower, very high up in the clouds.

That view brings back memories- in the early 80's, I used to work in a building at 200 S. Wacker, right across the street from the Sears tower. We had satellite dishes on top of our building that we had to maintain, we also had dishes on 5 other buildings in downtown. One was on the top of the old IBM building, 80 or 90 stories if I remember correctly. Some really nice views setting in the dish on top of those buildings but no so nice in the Chicago winters! Used to have to tie ourselves on with ropes for safety because of the high winds at that height.

So many beautiful views. Seeing them makes me want to travel. So many places, so little time!

I have always liked to be near the water, but have to settle for a mountain view for the landlocked state where I am. But traveling in an RV, one can have many different views outside his "home" for just the campground fee. For example, the following was the view at the Bodega Bay Campground one early morning, when we camped there a few months ago.

img_1256687_0_34abb68376540a908f7d05f40d3d2877.jpg

Bodega Bay was the place where Hitchcock's The Birds was filmed in 1963.

The Birds (1/11) Movie CLIP - Seagull Attack (1963) HD - YouTube

I have always liked to be near the water, but have to settle for a mountain view for the landlocked state where I am. But traveling in an RV, one can have many different views outside his "home" for just the campground fee. For example, the following was the view at the Bodega Bay Campground one early morning, when we camped there a few months ago.

img_1256710_0_34abb68376540a908f7d05f40d3d2877.jpg

Bodega Bay was the place where Hitchcock's The Birds was filmed in 1963.

I think we stayed in this campground when we rented an RV and traveled through northern CA and southern OR several years ago. Now that we have our own RV, I'm looking forward to many more discoveries like this. And...we have an extra guest room (for one night only due to neighborhood restrictions).

Back
Top Bottom