Happy 4th--What are we eating today?

prof12

Recycles dryer sheets
Happy 4th everyone!!!! It is a day of celebration with good friends and good food (and good drink, too). We go with the traditional hamburgs & hot dogs & sausage with potato salad & macaroni salad and blueberries and strwberries with whipped topping for dessert. Plenty of lemonade and beer.

What is everyone else doing today?

prof12

Happy 4th everyone!!!! It is a day of celebration with good friends and good food (and good drink, too). We go with the traditional hamburgs & hot dogs & sausage with potato salad & macaroni salad and blueberries and strwberries with whipped topping for dessert. Plenty of lemonade and beer.

What is everyone else doing today?

prof12

Burgers then a walk down to the local lake for the happening! Glad to be an American from Chi-town!

We went to a lawn concert last night with the kids and their kids and had a blast. This morning we went over to the local pancake house for a massive and delicious breakfast. Tonight we will enjoy some local fireworks from the back deck. A simple meal is in order.

Dungeness crab, sweet corn, garlic bread and cherries soaked in brandy with pound cake for desert....and several cold beverages! Happy 4th everyone!

Fried Cajun catfish & shrimp with all the extras, then went with DW to see White House Down at the Louisiana Boardwalk in Bossier City. Later on picked up a huge Mt. Dew at a local Circle K for a whopping 99 cents. Now, retired to the casa watching tv. Not interested in fighting the crowds this evening for the fireworks. We can actually see some from here, if we want to.

We did hot dogs, potato salad and deviled eggs today and some baked beans. There is nothing quite like some grilled food to get you feeling the atmosphere of the holiday. We're hoping to catch some fireworks later, as it is illegal to pop them here!

Had my brother over for dinner. Cooked up 2 slabs of ribs in the oven (slow roast for 5 hours at 250) with my blend of seasonings and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, some baked beans, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, salad with a sun dried tomato dressing, Parmesan cheese, olives and artichoke hearts, and some Pillsbury biscuits.

Ribs from the grill, warm potato salad (white wine, scallions, olive oil), and black bean avocado salad, washed down with a nice Malbec. Yummy.

To answer the OP's question, I did not do much yesterday for once. Just ate a large salad, exercised, watched TV while posting here, read some news online from Europe. Watched a netflix movie and went to bed at 9pm. It was a very quiet July 4th at ob's household.

Happy July 5th, Everybody!

Well, it was DH's birthday, so we always cook what he likes. The highlights were homemade brats bought at a local mom and pop butcher shop. Yummmmmmmmm. They must have been about 1500 cal. each, but the spices were to die for. Plus, he always gets his applesauce raisin cake with orange icing.

A delightful day on the porch by the woods, watching the birds, squirrels, chipmunks avoid a local cat ambling by between occasional rain showers. Then, we enjoyed hearing the fireworks in the distance, before heading inside to watch "Hitchcock," with Anthony Hopkins playing the lead.

ER offers a continual delight: staying up as late as we like, without the burden of facing an early morning of work or school. Just like summers in Jr. High.

Gotta love it!

:dance:

I painted most of yesterday. So didn't get into normal 4th of July festivities. When I finished, picked up a burger from Back Yard Burgers(mostly a regional franchise). Pretty good chased down with a cold med.

Brats with sauerkraut, baked potato salad, pasta salad, slaw, brownie and ice cream. Mix in copious amounts of Shiner Pale Blonde, a pool and spa, and some friends.

Back
Top Bottom