Head of Household Status

From Martha's textbook of how to deal with the IRS: If two publications/letters from the IRS seem to say contradictory things, then you better look at the statutes and regulations. When will the IRS learn to write!

I'm no lawyer, nor do I play one on the internet, but I concur. Sadly, IRS people often don't know what the heck they are talking or writing about. Go to the original legislative text when in doubt.

Bpp

bpp said:
. . .Sadly, IRS people often don't know what the heck they are talking or writing about.  Go to the original legislative text when in doubt.
Are you implying that legislators know what the heck they are talking or writing about? :D

((^+^)) SG said:
Are you implying that legislators know what the heck they are talking or writing about?   :D
I thought that was their lobbyists, especially the friends of Jack.

Nords said:
I thought that was their lobbyists, especially the friends of Jack.
Of course you're right.  And it should probably really scare us that they do know what they are talking and writing about -- but it's not us they are talking and writing for.   :eek:

Are you implying that legislators know what the heck they are talking or writing about?

Well, whether they do or not, they are by definition right. :D

Bpp

Back
Top Bottom