Head's Up - Quicken Premier 1 Year Subscription - $47 (Amazon)

bobandsherry

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Amazon has Quicken Premier for $77.99, click the coupon on the product page for 40% savings. I understand this can be used to extend your current subscription (subject to Quicken's limitation that you can only extend in the last 6 months of your subscription -- but hold this activation key for a rainy day).

Q: Can i use this to up date my version ending jan 2021 will it extend version to jan 2022??

A: That is a great question! If you already have a Quicken subscription you can use this to extend your membership, which will add to the time you have remaining on your current Quicken subscription. If you would like further information, you can check out these FAQs: quicken.com/support/how-activate-your-quicken-membership and quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs. You can also reach out to us at quicken.com/contact-support. I hope this helps!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B082DQ464Y

It looks like the same offer is available directly from quicken.com.

My subscription doesn't end until November 2021, but I may grab this offer and hang on to it for a few months.

Thanks for alerting us to this one.

It looks like the same offer is available directly from quicken.com.

My subscription doesn't end until November 2021, but I may grab this offer and hang on to it for a few months.

Thanks for alerting us to this one.
I saw the offer on Quicken.com but saw it mentioned "New Members Save 40% Off". And this in the footnote: "† Limited time offer of 40% off the list price applies only to the purchase of Quicken Deluxe, Premier, Home, Business & Rental Property for the first year only when you order directly from Quicken by December 30, 2020, 11:59 PM PST. Offer good for new memberships only."

My last pre-subscription version of Quicken was 2017 Deluxe which was due to sunset in April 2020. On 2/8/20 I bought a subscription, thinking I'd be good till April 2021 but no, it now expires on 2/8/21. This week Quicken started telling me to renew at 51.99 so I'll be looking for better offers but won't install/renew until the last day.

My last pre-subscription version of Quicken was 2017 Deluxe which was due to sunset in April 2020. On 2/8/20 I bought a subscription, thinking I'd be good till April 2021 but no, it now expires on 2/8/21. This week Quicken started telling me to renew at 51.99 so I'll be looking for better offers but won't install/renew until the last day.

Did you renew by buying through Quicken.com or CD? I used CD (activation key) purchased on Ebay for $17 (Premier version - that was a real bargain), extended my subscription a full year from my previous expiration, my current subscription ends 2/28/2022 (429 days from today). But better safe than sorry, wait until a day or two before your expiration date of your subscription and then apply the code.

Last edited:
Did you renew by buying through Quicken.com or CD? I used CD (activation key) purchased on Ebay for $17 (Premier version - that was a real bargain), extended my subscription a full year from my previous expiration, my current subscription ends 2/28/2022 (429 days from today). But better safe than sorry, wait until a day or two before your expiration date of your subscription and then apply the code.

I bought my initial subscription on 2/8/20 online from Fry's Electronics. Haven't renewed it yet.

I bought a year subscription to Deluxe on Amazon for $31.19 using 40% off e-coupon... pretty good price.

I bought my initial subscription on 2/8/20 online from Fry's Electronics. Haven't renewed it yet.
Ah, my bad. I thought you were being shorted when your first sub renewed, but re-reading your post I see your original version was pre-subscription. Now that you are on a subscription version it should extended it a full year -- and can apply 6 months prior to the end of your subscription. But no harm in waiting either going forward.

In the past Quicken had continued to sell a yearly release (e.g. 2018, 2019) and I had read that people found those keys actually expired 6 months into the subsequent year, so wanted to apply those before they became stale. As I understand it now, there is now "year" associated with the package any more, so keys may not expire any more.

I bought a year subscription to Deluxe on Amazon for $31.19 using 40% off e-coupon... pretty good price.

Was this your first ever subscription, or were you renewing? There seems to be some confusion about whether the special deals can be applied to renewal of existing subscriptions.

Larry, it was a renewal... it worked fine for me. How to do it was a little obscure... you do it from Help/Enter Activation Code in your installed Quicken application. See https://www.quicken.com/activate and click on "I'm renewing...".

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom