Health Insurance options and feedback on my choice

I've had experience with ACA and then I got to go back to the "good" insurance. I would not hesitate to go with the COBRA if I were you.

Private Medical Insurance

I recently left my full time job that provided insurance. My husband and I have a small business (its our step down to full retirement!). We currently have COBRA for insurance but are looking for a more affordable alternative. Like others have posted- short term insurance has limitations, Medi share programs are not guaranteed, ACA is expensive (we are not eligible for subsidies) and no insurance is not an option. I spoke with someone yesterday and they suggested a private plan by Freedom Life. It works on the Cigna platform. Has anyone heard or used this plan?

Well, yeah, short-term policies will reject you for serious pre-existing conditions like cancer. That's not a surprise to me. Anyone who's signing up for a short-term policy needs to know that.

Yes, that is most definitely true, but I think the point here is that they can also drop you if you get anything serious. So, short term policies are great as long as you never really get sick, or you get sick during the term and your life threatening illness is able to be fully cured prior to the end of the term.

I really don't know why anyone would get one of these. At least (for now) with ACA, you can be guaranteed coverage.

Back
Top Bottom