Help with an @Write Me request

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I posted a question under a video made by a nutrition doctor. He responded with a request " ​Write Me ①④②③②②⑤⑨⑦⑤⑥ Thanks, Leave a MSG"

Write me is a link but, but I see know place to leave a message. Is there a gap in my media understanding?

Yes, a large gap, but...

Mystery to me too.

Could it be a phone number? 1-423-225-9756? and the msg be a text?

Just a guess on my part. Area code 423 is Tennessee.

Mystery to me too.

Could it be a phone number? 1-423-225-9756? and the msg be a text?

Just a guess on my part. Area code 423 is Tennessee.

Oh, I searched 142 as an area code and none exists, but, ya prefix "1"
I'll try it. Don't know why he would leave his phone number on a video' he has 2.2M subscribers, that could be a lot of calls!
I made the call, no mention of the Docs name, but I was ask to leave a MSG.
btw, Tennessee is his location.

Last edited:
I used Google image search to find possible sources for that image. https://images.google.com/

From your youtube page, I copied the URL for the channel image. I pasted that to images.google and found where else that image and similar ones had been used.

That doesn't provide any sense of legitimacy. An attacker could have created the channel, and within the legitimate (lol) channel responded to your comment.

So clicking on youtube links is not really a great thing to do. Was it Dr. X or a criminal? We don't know.

If it was Dr. X, then this is a dubious, maybe illegal thing to do. If it is a criminal, well, that is what criminals do. They find ways to put us at ease and click on the bait.

Oh, I searched 142 as an area code and none exists, but, ya prefix "1"
I'll try it. Don't know why he would leave his phone number on a video' he has 2.2M subscribers, that could be a lot of calls!
I made the call, no mention of the Docs name, but I was ask to leave a MSG.
btw, Tennessee is his location.
If you used your personal mobile phone to dial the number, then you've exposed that to a possible criminal network.

If you used your personal mobile phone to dial the number, then you've exposed that to a possible criminal network.

I'll let you know if I exposed myself to a problem.

OP here, it doesn't look good, I just got a text from the number, " Hi there, How are you today?" No identifying info.

OP. I didn't respond to the first text, then minutes later, I received a followup text with a bit of info about my original question. Still a little sketchy, but less so.

OP. I didn't respond to the first text, then minutes later, I received a followup text with a bit of info about my original question. Still a little sketchy, but less so.
You are an inquisitive soul for sure. As you're sniffing the bait, look out for the hook.

I got a response that seemed proper and then had several back and forth on topic, I concluded with a Thank you to close it out as I had the info requested. Then I got a response about what I did and, then "I hope your investing" I responded with on my $1046 SS, I'm barely scraping by, I hope that ends it.
EDIT: It didn't, they wanted my to invest $500 or $1,000, I said, "what am I going to pay rent and eat with? Then I ask them to send me a couple thousand dollars to get me started. Finally got a website to trade with.

I got bamboozled, I ask the question got a response with the docs picture with a number in his area code. Hook, line and sinker.

My punishment, 10 pushups! OK, that did not go as planned, I couldn't do 10, had to finish with a series, I haven't done any for a long time, I'm surprised because I have been working out hard at the gym for a month. My excuse...;-/ I did just get done with a hard workout at the gym. I'm sticking to that! but, I'll start doing pushups now to increase that!

btw, the texts have stopped. I hope for good.

Last edited:
Did you notice that link goes to a youtube channel? That whole "write me ####" is his youtube "name/handle". There's no content there, just a picture (does it look like the author of the 'real' channel?).

Ytmcwgdp9n3rqa8iG7fSIRMtvoaT0TqmP-j5NR1rUW7SOAhmGyE8CS59wd8mXCu7Nr2ASkA04Q=s176-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Pretty common scam for the scammer to respond to a comment to get something started. Then the 'line' comes.

A couple youtube content creators I follow recently posted warnings about scams in the comments. The scammer will grab the author's photo, and use a similar name, and respond to a comment that was made, with an offer "You won a prize from me (the author of the channel)!", then they need contact info, and (hopefully you guessed it), some sort of pre-payment for shipping or something.

OK, I just noticed this in your post:

Don't know why he would leave his phone number on a video' he has 2.2M subscribers, that could be a lot of calls!

There you go - you thought it was the author, it's not. Right-click on that "write me' link and open in a private window. That guy has no content, no subscribers, nuttin.

Stats: Joined Jul 10, 2022

-ERD50

Last edited:
I just read today that 9 out of 10 identity thefts start with a phishing scam.

I know that there are two types of overly-curious-and trusting internet travellers.
1) Those who have been on the hook and caught, and
2) Those who will be hooked.

I guess my story of living on a $1,034 SS check and asking him to give me a couple thousand, made me a bad phish. No more texts.

I guess my story of living on a $1,034 SS check and asking him to give me a couple thousand, made me a bad phish. No more texts.

I'm still curious if the picture in the scammer's response (my post #11) was taken from the real author of the youtube you were watching/commenting at. That would fit the profile of the scam I mentioned, which this apparently was.

-ERD50

Last edited:
This is a good read.
Not everything on the dark web is illegal, but it is a huge marketplace for stolen data and personal information. After a data breach or hacking incident, personal information is often bought and sold on the dark web by identity thieves looking to make money off your good name—and any numbers or information associated with you.
https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-...l-information-is-selling-for-on-the-dark-web/

What occurs every second of every day is the aggregation of this data by criminal elements, including foreign adversaries.

There are individuals who also seek out this information and work with bigger elements. The result is that two disparate pieces of your private data can be combined to go further if desired.

This is a good read.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-...l-information-is-selling-for-on-the-dark-web/

What occurs every second of every day is the aggregation of this data by criminal elements, including foreign adversaries.

There are individuals who also seek out this information and work with bigger elements. The result is that two disparate pieces of your private data can be combined to go further if desired.
Yep, I know someone who by pure accident caught a transfer of money from his account. The bad guys had his cell number even to confirm the transaction.

To the OP, I would think about getting a new number now that they have yours.

I'm still curious if the picture in the scammer's response (my post #11) was taken from the real author of the youtube you were watching/commenting at. That would fit the profile of the scam I mentioned, which this apparently was.

-ERD50

Yes it is the docs picture.

My son showed my how to know if the poster is the real author/

Attachments

• EEV.jpg
    EEV.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 20
Yes it is the docs picture.

Did you report him? You can just click on the comment. They probably pop up the next day as someone else, but it can't hurt I guess.

I've reported a few of these that I've seen in the past few days.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom