Hi - focusing on my RE Date

jwkde

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi

Thanks for allowing me to join here.

Our RE date is now at the 30 month and counting point. DW and I live very conservatively and are debt free.

We have been aggressive in our savings and I have contributed the maximum ot 401K and other deferred comp program.

2 years ago we reviewed our plans with a financial planner who did some rough calculations and thought we were on the right track. He suggested some modifications to our asset allocation.

Of course that was just at the time the markets starting tanking. I held on and continued to contribute to my equity portfolio (and DW took lots of Rolaids). We survived and recovered.

In December we met with a different financial planner who did a more indepth analysis and some cash flow models under different scenarios and we are definitely good to go. He also suggested some asset allocation adjustments and a few tweaks. We also are in the process of modifying the legal stuff in view of the new estate tax rules etc.

For the next 6-9 months we are recording all of our expenses to double check the assumptions we used in our cash flow, but we are pretty confident that will work out ok too.

I have enjoyed reading the posts here already and picked up a few points already. Hope I can contribute to the group.

Thanks

Hi jwkde, and welcome. It sounds like you've got your retirement plan in place and have invested a lot of thought into your needs. Congratulations on your impending retirement!

Coach

Congratulations on being so close to retirement and to what looks like a well-thought-out plan to get there!

Welcome to the boards and we look forward to your contributions to our random discussions :)

Enjoy the next 30 months at work.

Back
Top Bottom