Hi I am cured from OMY syndrome

GoodWishes

Recycles dryer sheets
This is a wonderful forum. Everyone is nice, knowledgable and helpful. I started lurking several years ago, joined and started posting a little a couple years ago. With w#@k, there is not much time to post but I try to scan the posts often. I think it is about time I do an introduction.

DH pulled the plug early this year at 51. I am 53 and told my boss that I am done. We agreed that I will stay until after the holidays. So still over a month to go.

Our youngest is a junior in college, looks on track to graduate and get off the family payroll. The older ones are already off the family payroll.

We have been planning for retirement for some time now. DH has been using Quicken to track our expanses and investment for many years. We analyzed our expenses for about 7 years, took out expenses like kids lessons and added expenses like medical, taxes, etc. Our initial withdrawal rate will be 3%.

We are currently remodeling one of our rental houses, plan to move there and sell our current house which is too big for the 2 of us. We will pay off the mortgage and have no debt after that.

We ran every calculator that we know of and they all look good.

At some point, it is a big leap of faith and I am still nervous, both emotionally and financially, actually for no good reason. My job is ok and I am well paid. But I am just tired of working.

She is cured: praise the Lord! :angel:

Cool on the cure.:cool:

My bro is still affected by OMY, however his line of work as kinda dried up. Drilled nat gas, oil wells, storage fields etc. for a living. So he hits the SS line at 66 this January.

Welcome! Glad you found the forum helpful in your planning and looking forward to hearing more from you about this next stage!

Congratulations on making the decision. Good luck!
We intend to RE in 2017 at age 57.

Wonderful!. Hope to get an update on how its going in a few months as I will be there with you early next year and have some concerns on the transition especially around the move.

Congrats!

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your well deserved retirement.

Congratulations on the end of OMY!!!

Congratulations on the decision. I ERd 5 months ago. I too was nervous but I've been it has been pure bliss from day 1. I love being retired and believe you will also.

Congrats! Now your new life begins! It will be the best time of your life!

Congrats! You sound a lot like DW and me; Great jobs, debt-free, done with w@&k in the near future but still nervous. I guess it's a natural feeling and can't wait till I feel the bliss :)

Congratulations on avoiding another OMY! I also ER'd at 53 and have never had one day of regret. Enjoy!

Thank you for all the replies and good wishes :)

My manager and coworkers have been trying to convince me to stay until July, end of fiscal year when bonus and stock are given out.

Not 6 more months! Only 6 more weeks to go!

Hmmm, I hope my cure is permanent.

Back
Top Bottom