Hi, I am Tom.....no....really I am

TomSimpsonAZ said:
It is perfect, go test drive one if you can find a lot with one and you'll buy one too. Half the people who think they are ugly get in and go "WOW I WANT ONE!".....the people who kinda like the way they look on the outside, one test drive and they have one. Seen it a bunch of times.

I like the way they look but me high school age son can't stand them. It seems entirely the wrong crowd at school has the Scions. But I like the efficient use of space. I remember seeing the various little boxes on wheels at the LA Auto Shows over the last few years. Always seemed like a good idea space wise. The style guys deserve some points for making such boxes visually exciting. Imagine if someone had made the Checkers sexy in our era (or maybe my era, I maybe dating myself).

Funny part is the Scions were supposed to be designed to appeal to teenagers and 20-somethings, to get them into the toyota brand at a low cost and then sell them up later.

Teens and 20-somethings are their smallest buying segment. Retired and nearly retired aged people are their largest.

Nice job with the marketing guys... ::)

The Scion has an Echo underneath it; I wonder what the gas mileage penalty is for the non-aerodynamic shape. 

the panty dropper

Does anyone have a clear case in which having a nice car helped them score?  I got an MGA in high school, but was sorely disappointed to find that it didn't help much.

Note rusted out rocker panels, English driving hat, and cool expression.  No wonder I didn't get laid!

Attachments

• MGA.jpg
    MGA.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 58
  • MGA.jpg_thumb
    16 KB · Views: 1
TromboneAl said:
Note rusted out rocker panels, English driving hat, and cool expression.  No wonder I didn't get laid!

Are those cracks on the windshield or scratches on the photo? :D

Maybe the mouth hanging open repulsed the hot chicks :confused:

The car is cool, though!

Back
Top Bottom