Hi!

Gnu2Investing

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi! I'm a 33 year old CPA from Texas, just getting serious about investing for retirement. I read through some of the posts and it looks like a lot of the questions I have probably have been dealt with here, so I joined!

Thanks!

Gnu, welcome to the forum! As I'm sure you've noticed, we've got a lot of Texans aboard so I hope you'll feel right at home.

33 is a pretty good age to be getting serious -- old enough to have had some fun, young enough to successfully plan a retirement. Best wishes!

Coach

It is never too early to focus on retirement. It is, however, easily put off until it is too late.

Good luck with your plans and remember: How much do you need to retire... 50% than you have!

Thanks! I have a fairly good start in the 401(k) and I have a Roth IRA that I contribute to as well, and a taxable brokerage account. The Roth and the Brokerage account are in their infancy. I really have the taxable account as an emergency savings account, though I invested most of it in equities. Probably not the right route for an emergency account. I'm trying to build up to 6 months of post-tax salary in an account, just in case. I'm at one month's salary now.

It is never too early to focus on retirement.
One reads stories about 22-year-olds etc. [-]obsessing over[/-] focusing on their retirement plans. While they will likely benefit financially (the more time compounding has to work its magic, the better), one can't help but feel that they are missing out on part of the fun of life. Sowing wild oats is important.

Back
Top Bottom