Is this forum active?

Famagusta

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi everyone, I was looking for a forum to join that involves other early retired people. I found this but I get the impression it's not active? I'm 40 years old and got retired last year so I consider myself as a young retiree, the problem is that I know absolute no one else that share my lifestyle. Would be nice to see if this being read, here's hoping.

Depends on what you consider active... People do post here all the time. Sometimes it's hard to keep up and read everything unless you spend some time here. It's on par or even more active (number of users and posts per day) than a few other forums I'm "active" on.

Last edited:
Welcome. Not sure why you don't see activity, this sub forum alone has many newer posts. easily dozens of active threads every day, forum-wide and about 8-10 new threads daily as well?

If you scroll down to the bottom of the home page, you'll see active user counts as well, almost always over 1000 at any given time.

Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself?

Welcome Famagusta. If you think this forum is inactive, I would hate to see the forums you do consider active.

This forum is very active in my opinion and we have had several younger members who participate, some even younger than you. That does not mean that they introduced themselves in this particular section of the ERF.

+1. We active posters may seem very old to OP - talking about operations, RMDs, cataracts etc.

There are young ones among us, and the rest of us were probably young at one time and remain interested in younger people who are on their way to ER.

Active, yes, but not necessarily in your age group. I think that is what the OP meant.

+1. We active posters may seem very old to OP - talking about operations, RMDs, cataracts etc.

There are young ones among us, and the rest of us were probably young at one time and remain interested in younger people who are on their way to ER.

Love it. I've recently been more aware that 10 years ago I was younger. Now I have obtained FRA according to SSA.

Hi everyone, I was looking for a forum to join that involves other early retired people. I found this but I get the impression it's not active? I'm 40 years old and got retired last year so I consider myself as a young retiree, the problem is that I know absolute no one else that share my lifestyle. Would be nice to see if this being read, here's hoping.

Heck, just give it a try.

Maybe a Mod could tell us how long the OP was logged on (active) this morning? "Maybe" 10 mins?:ermm:

Last edited:
Maybe a Mod could tell us how long the OP was logged on (active) this morning? "Maybe" 10 mins?:ermm:

If you look at a member profile page you will see a timestamp for “last activity”.

^^^^
Looks like 3 mins after he/she posted.:)

The keys words in this post are, I know absolutely no one else that shares my "lifestyle". I read it but it takes more then this to get me going...

Last edited:
Welcome. It's active.

I will wait "to hear" more from you before posting further.

One post, claiming to be retired at age 40.
Please come back and share your story, I would love to hear it!
Welcome to the forum, by the way.

It's a great forum. Lot of information and very nice people willing to help.

They don't talk about this much, but if you get to a certain post count, you get access to the hidden swinger forum. :dance:

I don't think we've been trolled, so much as ghosted. OP will be more comfortable in the Trust Fund forum.

Back
Top Bottom