How do I add a Visa gift card balance to my Amazon account?

I just thought I’d post an update on my stolen card issue discussed up-thread. I was out of town all week for the holiday, but when I got home this evening, I found a replacement Visa card in my mail for the full $200 that was stolen from my original card. I’m not going to do anything with it tonight, but I’ll try to apply it to my Amazon account in the morning. It only took a couple weeks for the replacement. Not bad at all. Assuming it works!

I just thought I’d post an update on my stolen card issue discussed up-thread. I was out of town all week for the holiday, but when I got home this evening, I found a replacement Visa card in my mail for the full $200 that was stolen from my original card. I’m not going to do anything with it tonight, but I’ll try to apply it to my Amazon account in the morning. It only took a couple weeks for the replacement. Not bad at all. Assuming it works!

Follow up: The replacement gift card activated and shows a full $200 balance according to the website you use to check the balance. However, Amazon does not like it as a source of funds for a gift card. I used the same exact process to use it on Amazon, but it errors out as a funding source. I’m not sure if they have flagged my account for the previous failure of the first card or if there is an issue with the card. I’ll next try to use the card at a store somewhere.

Excellent. This was a timely how-to. I was able to unload a $2.29 gift card associated with an old utility account.

Back
Top Bottom