• Sauce

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Fresh (uncooked) relish

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Wobbly Jelly variety

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • All 3 - and may I have some more?

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Nope, keep 'em off my plate - cranberry eschewer.

Votes: 24 32.4%

• Total voters
Circling back on this - I see from the results that 1/3 of respondents actually prefer not eating cranberries - at all. Astonishing result. Who knew?

Circling back on this - I see from the results that 1/3 of respondents actually prefer not eating cranberries - at all. Astonishing result. Who knew?
I think they may be alien life forms masquerading as humans.

I make my own cranberry sauce using cranberries, apples, orange zest, maple syrup and some water. It's much lower in sugar than the commercial stuff. Not only does it taste great by itself, but it's also a great topping for pancakes and waffles.

I don't have a habit of eating cranberries but will not shun them if they are offered in any form. Have I said that I am not a fussy eater or drinker?

I do drink cranberry juice. Sadly, this choice is omitted from the poll.

That actually tracks pretty close to national polls about how many people don't like cranberry sauce. https://www.newsweek.com/canned-fresh-cranberry-sauce-americans-are-divided-1653133

I always figured people just ate it because it was tradition, not because they actually like it. But I guess cranberry-haters are in the minority.

I voted for sauce and wobbly, though it's been a very long time since I've had the canned stuff. I have a sauce recipe similar to what rodi describes. Such an interesting combination of flavors.

I really like dried cranberries, just as a healthy snack, and on my oatmeal when I don't have fresh blueberries or blackberries. Sometimes in salads, too. I buy the 50% Less Sugar Craisins.

About my forum name: I suspect I was having my daily oatmeal with cranberries for breakfast when I chose my login name. I guess it was either that or oatmealcharlie, eh?

Says the person with a little green man in their forum picture! :LOL:

The worldwide percentage of people who eat cranberry sauce might not be in your favor on that point.

I make my own cranberry sauce using cranberries, apples, orange zest, maple syrup and some water. It's much lower in sugar than the commercial stuff. Not only does it taste great by itself, but it's also a great topping for pancakes and waffles.

+1
I’m not a sweet tooth person - also love this sauce on cheesecake, nice and tangy

I'm old enough to recall when the news came out that eating cranberries was carcinogenic. IIRC, a pesticide used in their production was on some list. Anyway, it came out that you would have to eat tons of the little berries to get a toxic level of pesticide. Also, IIRC, that was maybe 60 years ago(?) YMMV

Back
Top Bottom