• 3 (Ups and downs.)

Votes: 32 21.3%
  • 4 (Mostly cheerful.)

Votes: 78 52.0%
  • 5 (Doing the Snoopy Dance!)

Votes: 24 16.0%

• Total voters
DOG52 said:
Just curious, did your brother smoke and the other 4 smoke? Seems like you hear of a lot of people now days getting lung cancer that never smoked.

Every one of them smoked at some time in their life. My brother was a 1 pack a day smoker in his 20's but semi-kicked the habit in his mid 30's. Couldn't conquer the demon entirely though and still had to have a "see-gar" after lunch and dinner.

To all of you who have voiced your support, my sincere thanks. I really appreciate your kind words. But don't even think about moving to Texas, 'cause the place is full of scorpions, rattlesnakes, ... ;)

REWahoo! said:
But don't even think about moving to Texas, 'cause the place is full of scorpions, rattlesnakes, ... ;)

Along with great weather, hot women, and affordable housing......... ;)

There are some painful events detailed in this thread, but also some really good perspectives and suggestions on how to cope and keep the old head above water.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

Ha

FinanceDude said:
Along with great weather, hot women, and affordable housing......... ;)

You got those jumbled up. You meant to say hot weather, affordable women, and great housing, right? :D

REWahoo! said:
To all of you who have voiced your support, my sincere thanks. I really appreciate your kind words. But don't even think about moving to Texas, 'cause the place is full of scorpions, rattlesnakes, ... ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's misfortune, wahoo, but am glad to see your natural sunny disposition shine through. We'll all hope for the best.

REWahoo! said:
But don't even think about moving to Texas, 'cause the place is full of scorpions, rattlesnakes, ... ;)

LOL! I saw a bumper sticker on a car once, said, "Colorado sucks. Go back to California and tell all your friends." :LOL:

The more worser one - back in the 70's when I lived in Littleton:

'Don't Californicate Colorado.'

heh heh heh - I still like 'Don't mess with Texas' best.

I choose mostly happy. Family is working who wants to be, and relatively healthy.
Money is flowing the right directions. I am a bit security driven which means fear in there somewhere deep down. Think I raised my kids being only part as dysfunctional as my parents. : )

I need self actualization to be complete. Guess I get to rest when this life time is done. Maybe I'll change lead into gold or water into wine, or pick the usual things like curing aging or disease.

A few more coping mechanisms and I'll pass for normal, even if normal is average. : )

Oh this is funny!!! Back in 2007 I was still working and chose "mostly cheerful". Now, I am retired and if the poll were posted today, I would have selected "doing the snoopy dance"! I guess I really did "Want2retire".

:dance:

I would say that I am mostly happy. Sometimes I feel so great I get a rush. But I also am ironic and sarcastic, so I don't think I would qualify as the most cheerful person around. I think my outlook on life could be described as tragi-comic, though others may sometimes describe it as only annoying.

Ha

I would say that I am mostly happy. Sometimes I feel so great I get a rush. But I also am ironic and sarcastic, so I don't think I would qualify as a most cheerful person around. I think my outlook on life could be described as tragi-comic, though others may sometimes describe it as only annoying.

Ha

"If you're not cynical, you're just not paying attention..." HFWR

Back
Top Bottom