How many countries have you been to?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The other thread was/is fun (thanks REAttempt), so why not expand our horizons. :D

Here's a link to make it easier (and provide a common list of countries and comparable counts): Free visited countries map.

I've lived in 3 countries and it turns out I've been to 20 countries (I did not count places where I just touched down on a plane), though not well traveled based on my resulting map. My parents would have taken me to Spain, Norway, Sweden, Finland & Denmark - but I declined (young and stupid in retrospect).

The places I'd still most like to visit - New Zealand, Australia & China (I've been to Hong Kong, but didn't count "China" in my 20 though I guess technically I could).

Attachments

• Picture1.gif
    Picture1.gif
    95.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Good link, makes it easy to count. I've visited 33 countries. Half those once, the other half so many times I've lost count.

14: US, Canada, UK, Sweden, France, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Italy, Bahamas.

Countries visited, maybe 7.

Planets visited: maybe 1.

Do my readings count? If so I could bump up my numbers considerably.

Came up with 59*.....60 if I count Hong Kong.

(*The breakup of Yugoslavia enhanced the numbers.)

I have visited only 8 countries (US, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Monaco, Belgium, UK). I would like to visit a few more (Canada, Scandinavian countries, Italy), but I have no desire to see the world beyond that.

Last edited:
Good question. I've never tried to add them all up before.

England, France, Spain, Nederland, Italy, Germany, Greece, Turkey, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Russia, United States, Jamaica, Aruba, Panama, Costa Rica, Columbia

21 that I recall offhand. I suppose being offshore in waters of questionable nationality doesn't count... ;-)

Does Texas count as a separate country?:D

Last edited:
Cruises in the Caribbean helped pump up the number.

Attachments

• contries.JPG
    contries.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
23 for me. The link was useful as I wasn't sure on how to count England and Scotland (just one, the UK) and it jogged my memory on a couple of countries that I had forgot about.

But 3 of the 23 are "cheats" in that I had a refueling/layover there but never left the airport (Aruba, Japan and Thailand).

I count 18, but Sweden and England were just to change planes and five were cruise ship stops. These are the countries we've spent more than a week in:

Canada, US, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, Germany, France, Italy, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic.

Working on a long trip to the UK.

Interesting topic - I spent my junior year in college abroad in England (78-79) and did alot of backpacking. I got to 16 countries, what a great time of my life. One of my favorite countries was Yugoslovia....I would never have guessed their problems coming down the road.

I hope to get back to Europe when both the kids are launched.

Three. US, Mexico and Jamaica. I've been to Jamaica 5 times and Mexico once. Once was enough.

Cool link. After I used it to mark the countries then looked at the map, I noticed Switzerland was missing. When I went bak to mark it I saw why I had missed it. It is listed under Europe as one of the islands :LOL:

19 countries for me. Hope to add New Zealand the year after next.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 11
19 here. All of those in Europe and the Americas. None in Africa or Asia.

It is listed under Europe as one of the islands :LOL:
The "Svalbard and Jan Mayen islands" take up just over one line of text and Switzerland is right below the last word.

31 countries if you count the USA. I lived in Europe for a while, so that also helped.

4 for me....the U.S.A., Canada, Haiti, and England.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time in Haiti, and would love to go back there some day!!!

Back
Top Bottom