How time flies when you're having fun...

LARS

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just realized it was nearly 15 years to the day that I stopped working. Bit of a milestone as I have now more days "off" then "on" having worked for 15 years as well.:D

How about you? How long have others been "unemployed"?

I've been retired or unemployed for about 3 1/2 months now! It is great and every new day I am so happy I don't have to go to work. Sometimes though when I'm around people who are still working I have to contain my joy a bit as they don't quite get it.

I just realized it was nearly 15 years to the day that I stopped working. Bit of a milestone as I have now more days "off" then "on" having worked for 15 years as well.:D

How about you? How long have others been "unemployed"?
Oh wow man! Congrats! I'm a little over 4 years behind you. Celebrated my 10 years last August.

LARS - have you been a ski bum the whole time?

Audrey

I've been retired or unemployed for about 3 1/2 months now! It is great and every new day I am so happy I don't have to go to work. Sometimes though when I'm around people who are still working I have to contain my joy a bit as they don't quite get it.

Hey, is there an echo in here? - that is me exactly :cool:

Congratulations on achieving 15 years :greetings10:

Two years and one month! But who's counting:confused:

-- Rita

Congratulations, LARS!

14 years, 4 months for me. Life is good!

Oh wow man! Congrats! I'm a little over 4 years behind you. Celebrated my 10 years last August.

LARS - have you been a ski bum the whole time?

Audrey

Throttled back on the skiing a couple of years ago. Too much of a good thing I guess :D

Congrats on years of retirement.
I'm only 5 months into it (give or take a few days) but it is great so far.
Still adjusting and concerned about some things but so far so good.
Just got back from a week at the gulf coast and man was that nice.
Even beat the oil slick it seems. :LOL:
Steve

Congratulations ! I'm at three years ,three months , eighteen days ,three hours and fifty four minutes but who's counting ?

I am at one year and 5 months. Even on my worst days, I wouldn't trade them for a day at work! Most days want to jump for joy!

I'm in for 10 years and 8 months, and lovin' every minute of it. Congrats to Lars and all the rest.

I am in my 19th month now and I don't miss it at all, particularly the commute.

The other day, the Long Island (NY) Rail Road implemented its latest round of service cuts. One of the trains I often took while I was working got switched from a desirable and somewhat tolerable express train into a local one, annoying many commuters to my general area, for sure. But not me. :)

Getting out while I am still young (47 now, retired at 45) has immeasurably changed my life for the better. :)

Back
Top Bottom