How To Hold or Deliver Mail to Vacation Address

... Go online to USPS.com and sign up for their mail notification (I forget what they call it) but we get an email every morning with images of what's in the mail and what packages are coming in that day....we do that for both our primary and secondary residence. It's free.

I think you refer to the informed delivery service.

Does premium forwarding put those yellow stickers all over your mail or do they send it in one batch packaged priority mail?

Good, thanks. I hate those yellow stickers.

Just curious what the issue with "yellow stickers" is? My only issue with forwarding is that you tend to add the delivery times (time to your primary address plus time to secondary address.) Of course, that has nothing to do with the yellow stickers. Of course, YMMV.

The USPS uses yellow address label stickers for "permanent" mail forwarding/change of address, but they only do it for 6 months. It's up to the person to contact everyone and change their address.

When we were going on an 80 day cruise we went to the local Post Office and talked to the manager explaining our problem. USPS will only hold mail for 30 days.
He told us to rent the cheapest PO box for 6 months, and do a temp forward to it. I said that we'll have a lot of mail, much more than the cheap PO box would hold. he said, No problem, they will just put a bin in front of the box and put the mail in it. Then when we return, go in and pick up the mail and cancel the forward, and cancel the PO box rental. They reimburse the un-used rental period.

They put a note on the box & forward order, and *all* the mail goes into the box, even mail that is normally non-forwardable.

Worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom