Howdy from Texas

Thanks for the tips on trust and lawyers. I have always been DIY kind so I would pay attention on what they have to say.
I went in thinking special needs planning was the most important part of our estate planning revisions. While obviously important, from an estate planning perspective good estate planners will tell you doing SNTs are pretty routine. What became really important to me was finding an estate planning attorney who was knowledgeable and experienced doing accumulation trusts because most of our savings are in tax advantaged accounts. I found that if you asked those questions, are you familiar with accumulation trusts and how many have you done, you’d be surprised at the number that haven’t.

99-2007 for our first stint, 2015-current for the second. TX is the longest I've lived anywhere, so I feel 50% Texan. Probably time to move again...

You'll find this group knows a little about a lot. Definitely have helped some of my questions I didn't know I had.

I'm self employed as of 2019-ish, coasting and doing what I enjoy, woodworking and cabinetry. Maxing out the solo 401k as I go...

Last edited:
Also from Texas

We have been here almost 30. I’m originally from FL.

retired last year at 61. Live near the San Antonio area. Crazy market times these days and so if we can make through this market turbulence, we will be good throughout retirement. :)

Welcome or should I say howdy!

Texas has a way of getting into your blood. My DH and I lived in Texas for many many years but were both born in other states and have lived all over the country. We are not currently living in Texas. That said, I always refer to myself as a Texan. :)

Back
Top Bottom