Howdy!

dudob

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello from Delaware. I just turned 40. My wife and I own a PT clinic and I work as an engineer. 4 kids in the home - last one out in 14 years. Looking to be financially independent when the last one is gone. Maybe that doesn't sound like early retirment - but my dad is still working at 70 with no plans to stop.

Welcome to the forum. You have some plans and that is better than most of the general population have. Retiring at 54 is early if you can make it happen. I was (I guess still am) an engineer, there are many other engineers on the forum here. I think the biggest help being an engineer is able to understand the math and tradeoffs along the working and saving for retirement path. Engineers working for a company will never get rich, but you will also not go hungry. Generally decent middle to upper middle class lifestyle. With your extra PT clinic that will should you out toward early retirement.

Welcome dudob! I started to get serious about ER at age 37, with a goal of 52, and my peers thought I was out of my mind "to expect that much from life." I didn't make that goal, but I purposely scheduled my last day of w*rk so that I was not quite 60 yet. I consider myself ER'ed and feel great about it.

-BB

I just left my job in January at 54. Feels early enough but now that I just turned 55 I’m starting to wish I had done it earlier!

Welcome to the forum!

welcome to the forum, lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks here, ready to answer any questions you may have.

Welcome! I'd aim or age 50 retirement...more energy, fewer health problems...cheers!

Back
Top Bottom