I am my father ...

When they said "rise and shine" did it mean - get up and shine your shoes?

In the Air Force, shoes were shined before you went to bed. That was true during Basic Training.

After you were assigned, it was whatever worked. But, then again, when I was "in", it was like having a 4 year job.

If I recall correctly, it was "Reveille, reveille! Up all bunks! All hands, heave out and trice up!" followed almost immediately by "Sweepers, sweepers, man your brooms. Give the ship a clean sweep down fore and aft. Sweep down all lower decks, ladder and passageways."

Sounds like my dad gave us the bite-size version every morning! I guess I should be grateful for that! :LOL: :D :2funny:

My Mother sang the whole song! But not to wake us up. She just liked the song, especially the line about murdering the bugler so everyone could get more sleep.

Are we related? My father sang the same dang song! ::shudder:: he had slightly different words: "it's time to get up, it's time to get up, it's time to get up in the morning DA DA DA DA DA DDDDAAAAA DA"

Nobody I've ever mentioned that to had heard of that tradition. It was a terrible way to wake up. So obnoxious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom