I am not sure I chose the best Part D plan

RetMD21

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The $17/month plan had an annual drug cost of $60 based on current prescriptions (one tier 1 and one tier 2 drug)

The $7 plan had a drug cost of $280, however I was able to find better prices with GoodRX bringing the price below the first plan. I was pleased with myself and signed up.

On further reflection, the cash drug expenditures using my hybrid don't apply to the deductible. Any other prescriptions are likely to be expensive or require using GoodRx. My extra effort was being rewarded by $6.50/month in savings.

I think for 2022, I'll switch plans.

The $17/month plan had an annual drug cost of $60 based on current prescriptions (one tier 1 and one tier 2 drug)

The $7 plan had a drug cost of $280, however I was able to find better prices with GoodRX bringing the price below the first plan. I was pleased with myself and signed up.

On further reflection, the cash drug expenditures using my hybrid don't apply to the deductible. Any other prescriptions are likely to be expensive or require using GoodRx. My extra effort was being rewarded by $6.50/month in savings.

I think for 2022, I'll switch plans.

I feel your pain. I did all my research by putting in my medications to see which plan would be best plan. I started last month, so I took the no deductible Aetna plan figuring not paying the deductible would make up for the higher premiums. A few of my prescriptions are free, but most of the others are way cheaper using GoodRx.

I switch my Part D plan every year during open enrollment. I don't take any prescriptions so I just shop for the cheapest plan.

Just got our new plan price from Wellcare. Price dropped from $15.20 to $12.90, Some changes in co-pays, and I suspect some changes in the formulary, though I have not yet investigated that.

When open enrollment starts I will get on VIA Benefits and investigate further.

Last year one of my drugs went from free to $7.50 for 3 months. I can handle that.

To OP, for $6.50/month I would not bother with the hassle of GoodRx. I get my two generics delivered to my door every 3 months without hassle.

DH went armed with GoodRX coupons for two one-time prescriptions, but it turned out the cheap part D plan price was even lower!

DH went armed with GoodRX coupons for two one-time prescriptions, but it turned out the cheap part D plan price was even lower!

Those dang seniors are getting too smart for us, with their price shopping and Good RX. Better shake up the plan, hide the copays, and lower the plan premium a few pennies to see if we can improve the revenue projections.

Wellcare is annoying me. Someone purporting to be from Wellcare called to discuss saving me money and "streamlining my Medicare plan." Didn't pick up, but it sounded like a pitch for an Advantage plan. I deleted it without thinking. Another call like that and they will be off the list, if that's what this was.

To OP, for $6.50/month I would not bother with the hassle of GoodRx. I get my two generics delivered to my door every 3 months without hassle.

It's only a matter of 3 months of this plan in '21. For 2022 I'm looking for simplicity. Getting deliveries and using one pharmacy is pretty appealing to me.:)

To OP, for $6.50/month I would not bother with the hassle of GoodRx.

How is GoodRx a hassle? It’s an app on the phone. Compare the insurance price with the GoodRx price and get the cheapest. I don’t even have to show my GoodRx card or coupon now. CVS has my info and gives me whichever price is best.

How is GoodRx a hassle? It’s an app on the phone. Compare the insurance price with the GoodRx price and get the cheapest. I don’t even have to show my GoodRx card or coupon now. CVS has my info and gives me whichever price is best.

I admit to never actually using GoodRx, though I have looked at it, but I just am not going to waste time seeing if I can save $7.50 every 3 months (that is the price of the only script I have that they charge for), and I get them delivered to my door with a 3 month supply.

I admit to never actually using GoodRx, though I have looked at it, but I just am not going to waste time seeing if I can save $7.50 every 3 months (that is the price of the only script I have that they charge for), and I get them delivered to my door with a 3 month supply.

I’ve saved over $100 this month alone. Asthma medications are not covered very well under Part D plans.

I’ve saved over $100 this month alone. Asthma medications are not covered very well under Part D plans.

Obviously, If I had a more expensive med, I would look into this more carefully. Glad you are able to save using GoodRx.

For me my meager savings would entail using 2 pharmacies with Goodrx. I tend to spend too much time trying to save modest amounts. I guess if the situation changes I'll modify my plan.

I've been notified that my Medicare D plan from WellCare will go from $23/month to $69/month in 2022. Oh, yeah, that doubles because I pay IRMAA.

I have one prescription, still under patent so GoodRx doesn't help, refilled 3-4 times/year. Sticker price is $365 but my out-of-pocket decreases after meeting the deductible.

I WILL be changing plans and I WILL be getting a refill before the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom