Identity Security anyone?

Bogie

Recycles dryer sheets
Just discovered someone might have gotten my SS #. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with identity security services such as lifelock. Are they worth it?

It is pretty easy to freeze your credit yourself. I did it about ten years ago and briefly unfroze it when I wanted to get a new CC to garner 50,000 points. Social Security numbers are pretty easy to get.

It is pretty easy to freeze your credit yourself. I did it about ten years ago and briefly unfroze it when I wanted to get a new CC to garner 50,000 points. Social Security numbers are pretty easy to get.

Tell me about it. I had to pass mine out three different times in the last week alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Freezing credit is really the only defense most of us have against identity theft. The so called monitors just inform you after the horse has been stolen out of the barn. Better than nothing, but you still end up having to lock the barn. So why not lock it early?

The problem with credit freezes is that in most states they only apply to adults. Most states do not allow a parent to freeze their minor children's credit records. Thus, the bad guys are now zeroing in on our children and grand children. Often, the kids don't even know this is going on until they apply for credit at the age of majority and find out they have $50,000 in unpaid debt and several warrants out for their arrest.

Thanks to all. I'll do the fraud alert as suggested. What a great forum this is.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom