iDisorder

It's hard to imagine anyone enjoying being on a leash.

A bird entangled in the grass cannot fly. It must first be freed from its entanglement. In like manner we must be loosed from our entanglement to have freedom of life. Our entanglements are often of our own making. We build our own prisons; we shut ourselves up in our own cells. Circumstances can never long imprison us if our spirits are free. Has not someone written, "Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage"?

~C. W. Naylor, 1930

Nodak said:
I sometimes run into areas where my GPS says that guidance is not available. When that happens I no longer get the voice guidance and have to rely on the turn by turn map. I have no idea what data may be missing to prevent the voice guidance.

That worries me with phones. Lose your data signal and you lose your map. I prefer a dedicated GPS for that reason. A decent alternative is to get Skobbler's Forevermap. You download a map for the area you are going to and then you are covered if you lose your signal.

That worries me with phones. Lose your data signal and you lose your map. I prefer a dedicated GPS for that reason. A decent alternative is to get Skobbler's Forevermap. You download a map for the area you are going to and then you are covered if you lose your signal.
I am using a dedicated GPS and still lose the voice guidance. I always have the maps but using them sometimes requires taking my eyes off the road. The voice guidance is easier in high traffic areas.

Back
Top Bottom