I'm Rich

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
Or, at least my name is Rich.

New member, brought to you from Tampa. Age 57, shooting for retirement by 60 or so. I am currently an academic physician, into motorcycle touring (K1200LT for those who care), programming, gardens. Like my job alot, though I don't like my weekend and evening hours - probably find a part-time job at 60, fewer hours, less "important."

2 kids and 4 grandkids up in Wi and Mo. Wife of 35 years is a part time realtor. Life is good for us these days. Tampa area suits us just fine, likely we'll stay here for the duration.

I really appreciate the look-and-feel of this community compared to others - great knowledge but lots of humor and y'all don't take yourselves too seriously in general. Look forward to participating once I get the lay of the land.

Welcome Rich.
When you are ready to post that website I'd be interested.
I'm not a member of the profession, but I am grooming a med student for the challenges he faces that are not in the textbooks or clinicals.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Or, at least my name is Rich.

y'all don't take yourselves too seriously in general.

Definitely true on that.

Good advice, worth everthing I charge for it.

Welcome Rich.  I'm new here too.  Those LTs are nice, but there is still a little bit too much adolescent in me for a ride like that.  I could to see myself on a new GS, R or RT though. 

It isn't just me.  I'm not taken seriously by anyone.  :D

NS

Non sequitur said:
Welcome Rich. I'm new here too. Those LTs are nice, but there is still a little bit too much adolescent in me for a ride like that. I could to see myself on a new GS, R or RT though.
Yep, had an RT til last year. My SWMBO likes to ride and the RT wasn't comfortable for her. BTW, you would be surprised at how nimble the LT can be - once you are above 2 MPH ;).

Welcome to the board, Rich.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
My SWMBO likes to ride...
"She who must be obeyed."

Yikes. Hope we're talking about a human being!

Rich_in_Tampa said:
New member, brought to you from Tampa. Age 57, shooting for retirement by 60 or so. I am currently an academic physician, into motorcycle touring (K1200LT for those who care

Hi Rich, I live in west Saint Petersburg (native since birth, 35 years!), near Treasure Island.  I currently ride a Harley Electra Glide, but I've got my eye on the new BMW K1200GT, appears to be a very nice bike.  What's your favorite area to tour around here?  We usually cruise up through Brooksville area, Trilby, etc.

- Mike

Hey, Mike. Interesting board here with great advice.

I prefer distance riding; have been here just a couple of years but have been to the Cherohola Pkwy in NC, and elsewhere. Locally I enjoy the Brooksville area too, along with hwy 301 and points north. So far, Fla seems more of a destination riding area than a scenic one, but I am sure there are beautiful parts I haven't discovered yet. I'm a little spoiled as to scenery, having moved from the mountains of Tucson.

So: what do you do over in Pinellas? Retired yet, or just planning?

Hi Rich,

I live in WI... last year I rode about 19000 miles (29 States) before an SUV pulled out in front of me and I totaled my 2001 Goldwing in September... I was on my way to the Florida Keys. I have a 2006 Goldwing on order and should be here about the first of April. If the weather cooperates I will be heading out on a trip in April for about 3 weeks or so. In May my DW and I are riding the bike out to Page AZ... we were there last year and liked the area but didn't have enough time to explore.

Gonzo

Gonzo said:
I live in WI... last year I rode about 19000 miles (29 States) before an SUV pulled out in front of me and I totaled my 2001 Goldwing in September... I was on my way to the Florida Keys. I have a 2006 Goldwing on order and should be here about the first of April. If the weather cooperates I will be heading out on a trip in April for about 3 weeks or so. In May my DW and I are riding the bike out to Page AZ... we were there last year and liked the area but didn't have enough time to explore.

Gonzo,

We've "sniffed alot of the same hydrants" to put it quaintly. I spent decades in Wi (still have kids and g-kids in Madison, where I lived). Then to Tucson, and now Fla. Job opportunities.

Rode a Wing all over Wi including doing the circle tour of Lake Superior. Rode Az, Utah, Nevada. Here I've been to NC mountains and the Keys are next. Fla is not that scenic to me (though the coastal areas are always nice), but the riding is pleasant, the weather is usually great, and the destinations are plentiful.

Nice hobby if you can get the time. Hence my enjoyment of this forum...

Back
Top Bottom