Indian, retired at 33 in Mumbai

Freedom to wander the streets and drive while drunk, bribe the judge, and pee wherever you want. Ah, the good old days :confused:.

Guess it all depends on your point of view! Those freedoms wouldn't really appeal to me, either. I'd love the freedom to walk around at night safely by myself.

nautanki said:
even at nights you will see few people walking / driving on the roads no matter how late in the night; mostly male, but some times you also see couples and sometimes even girls women walking fearlessly.

It sounds like girls and women are not often found walking alone at night. To me that indicates that perhaps they are not so fearless about doing that. Either that, or more likely it just is not considered to be an acceptable to do.

Last edited:
I'm US based, but have been to Mumbai on business. Everyone there told me how great it would be if I moved there, but as a non-Indian I'm not so sure. I certainly know very little about how to find a safe place to live. How does the "retirement" to Mumbai (or elsewhere in India) work for non-Indian Americans?
If you search on the internet (Expat + India, Mumbai,etc) I am sure you will find a forum for English speaking ex-pats who could help you with your questions or at the very least make for interesting reading.

Before moving to Peru, I lurked on other forums to glean relevant information on cost of living,security,culture,medical care, etc.

Back
Top Bottom