Interesting Graphic on the Size of US Economy

So I snowbird from Norway to Indonesia? Sounds about right.

Some of the country comparisons might not be very flattering, but interesting nonetheless.

Attachments

• A35916FA-709E-41BC-B50C-DBC44EC744A2.jpeg
    A35916FA-709E-41BC-B50C-DBC44EC744A2.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Greece's economy is the size of Iowa's and yet a few years ago when they had a hiccup, it was supposed to be the end of the world and the market's swooned.

[edit] Greece had the hiccup, not Iowa...just want to be clear.

24% of the world GDP, nothing to sneeze at. It was around 30% though for a long while and slowly dropping.

Still, only three major economic blocs: US, EU and China.

Just as interesting for me: Russia has about the same economy as Canada / Texas.

Imagine what'll happen if India finally gets its act together. Economy of UK / California, but with 1.3 billion people.

And I still can't find a decent Polish sausage in NC.

And I still can't find a decent Polish sausage in NC.

No polish sausage here, but great products:
https://hickoryhillssp.com/

And this stuff is life changing - I got addicted to it in the 80's while stationed in Germany:
https://www.amazon.com/Zeisner-Curry-Ketchup-Bottle-Bundle/dp/B00TG0SLEC/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532465068&sr=8-1&keywords=zeisner+curry+ketchup

I buy mine at Harris-Teeter. It's one of a few items I have a dedicated kan-ban space set up in the pantry. It's great on sausages, most places one might use regular ketchup, old sneakers, etc.

Greece's economy is the size of Iowa's and yet a few years ago when they had a hiccup, it was supposed to be the end of the world and the market's swooned.

[edit] Greece had the hiccup, not Iowa...just want to be clear.

It wasn't about Greece as an isolated case. The real fear was that if Greece went under, bond investors would then pull the rug out from under Italy and Spain, which also had very high debt levels, but were 10 and 7 times larger. That would then cause a fear of the Euro collapsing.

Back
Top Bottom