investing strategy

This CNG idea now has a very effective promoter in Boone Pickens. I hope it gets going.

Ha

I’m at a loss to see how anyone thinks the technology is no where close to being developed. Semi third world Thailand has both LPG and CNG cars and trucks on the road today. Lots of them. Some are dual fuel as Bultacoman mentioned. It’s not just fleet types, although I think all of BKK taxis are CNG or LPG as are most buses. The gasoline stations added the filling systems very quickly (took a couple of years) and now they’re all over the country. The guys who do the conversions have people standing in line.

CNG is huge in China, too. In the city where I used to live, public buses and most taxis converted to CNG several years ago -- most have a dual fuel system, but use CNG almost exclusively. Beijing is strangely behind the curve here (given the air pollution problem I suspect this has somethign to do with someone powerful owning/benefitting from a continued dominance of gas and diesel).

We rode in our first hybrid taxi the other day. Quite nice. Local model, made in Sichuan, though it was very similar in design to my sister's Prius. Watch out, Toyota!

lhamo

Just wondered if you have bought more? CHK been dropping like a rock in line with oil. I'm tempted to nibble. Anyone buying?

CHK - Chesapeake Energy Corporation - Google Finance

I guess no one is following or buying the stock. But interesting article on the CEO of CHK. Looks like he has been loading up on the stock this year. I guess this is an example where insider buying might have lead you down the wrong path. Long haul, probably a good trade to make.

StreetInsider.com - Chesapeake Energy's CEO (CHK) Aubrey McClendon Feels Pain Of Recent Stock Purchases

I guess no one is following or buying the stock. But interesting article on the CEO of CHK. Looks like he has been loading up on the stock this year. I guess this is an example where insider buying might have lead you down the wrong path. Long haul, probably a good trade to make.
It's on my list of stuff I look at every now and then. Right now I'm trying to edumacate myself a bit more on NatGas before I leap off into that arena. Old Aubrey has been buying the heck out of his own stock for a quite a while, and that impresses me and makes me want to own some of that sucker for myself. But it can wait a bit yet, I think. What with commodities getting beaten up lately. In the long run NatGas is going to be a serious money maker.

I'd check his compensation package out before I'd read too much into the executive buying. I've seen plenty of cases where the CEO helped himself to a $5M performance bonus and then bought $3M worth of stock with it...

Back
Top Bottom