Ira withdrawal vs obamacare

^^^ All true if you're picking nits.... it has been referred to on this forum as Obamacare or ACA for years... it's unlikely to change so get used to it.

WOW! You must own the place. LOL

So just an honest question (pb4uski) how do you know he didn't name it that? Your views and opinion may be right or it may be wrong unless you are BO yourself.

It all depends on what you believe and where you heard it from. So you know 100% that he didn't name it? Tell me how you know that and where you read it at or what news you heard it from? LOL

So just an honest question (pb4uski) how do you know he didn't name it that? Your views and opinion may be right or it may be wrong unless you are BO yourself.

It all depends on what you believe and where you heard it from. So you know 100% that he didn't name it? Tell me how you know that and where you read it at or what news you heard it from? LOL

I remember seeing Obama in a news conference saying he didn’t mind people calling it Obamacare. He said he kind of liked it. I take that as meaning he didn’t come up with it.

It seems to me that you were the one that thought he owned the place, lecturing us that we call it ACA rather than Obamacare. Who made you the boss?

And for the record, I didn't make any claims or response on the origin of the term... I challenge you to quote a post I made of that nature. Put up or shut up.

But since you asked, I really don't give care who named it Obamacare... it doesn't matter... my recollection is that it was first used by Republicans as a perjorative term for the plan meant to generate disfavor since that was successful with Hillarycare many years earlier.... however, President Obama fairly quickly embraced the term which undercut the opposition's intent... and the term stuck.

Last edited:
I have found out here that when it comes from you it is gospel. Thanks for your input you really are smarter then most here.

That is a compliment to you. Have a great day Sir.

All you have to do is look it up.... the internet is a great place... the main take away is that Obama did NOT call it that like you said earlier... a lot more info in the article...

Jeanne Schulte Scott argued for the trade journal Healthcare Financial Management in March 2007 that then-President Bush had "put all his eggs into his 'privatization' basket" in his 2007 State of the Union address; nevertheless, he made health care the "issue du jour" for the 2008 presidential race. "Health care is hot!" she wrote, and then made a prediction that seems so quaint given all that's passed in the last four-and-a-half years:
The many would-be candidates for president in 2008 are falling over themselves offering their own proposals. We will soon see a "Giuliani-care" and "Obama-care" to go along with "McCain-care," "Edwards-care," and a totally revamped and remodeled "Hillary-care" from the 1990s.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/who-coined-obamacare/335745/

There is contradicting articles if you search them. It still comes down to what you want to believe. Everything on the internet is true >> Right? It comes down to if you believe it or not believe it.

I can't believe I'm watching another;

"Someone is wrong on the internet"

amazing

There is contradicting articles if you search them. It still comes down to what you want to believe. Everything on the internet is true >> Right? It comes down to if you believe it or not believe it.

I did not see any.... links?

Also, I hope it is a respected site.... mine is...

Plus there are references that he made indicating it was not him...

"You want to call it Obamacare — that's okay, because I do care," Obama said at a 2012 fundraiser.

You can believe anything you want, but the facts are that Obama did not coin the phrase...

Who cares? Let’s just keep the discussion civil!

Last edited:
I've been trying to come up with some formula for finding the sweet spot for taking IRA withdrawals without taking too much. This is turning out to be incredibly complicated.

Is there anyone that has figured this out or maybe lead me to a good advisor that can figure this out?
This is an old blog post where they tried to find the sweet spot under the old tax code. I don't know how much can be applied to the new rules.

https://www.gocurrycracker.com/obamacare-optimization-vs-tax-minimization/

Back
Top Bottom