IRS lost my tax return

How long did it take you? I did the same and e-filed for the first time because I overpaid estimated taxes. Still waiting.

Just over a week. See the “Just filed my tax return” thread for others’ experiences.

Taxes (standard deduction) were e-filed 2 weeks ago and I had to send in another $1k check in addition to the quarterly payments already sent. I just remembered to send it in today. I should be able to more accurately determine the quarterly payments for this year now. It may still be a little off either way due to dividend variation but I would rather owe a little bit more than have to wait for a refund. There is little control over taxes owed. That way they wait. :D

Cheers!

No explanation so far but the IRS just sent us a check for last year. Since it almost nets out the necessary payment we calculated (which they cashed in April last year) I guess I’ll take it and wait for them to say something.

The IRS finally processed my 2020 return! I checked my account today, and was able to see a transcript.

Last edited:
We are also in same situation, got CP80 for 2020 tax return in February this year, they cashed check but said that they never received our return :facepalm: I resend copy to the address in the letter, so will they send us any letters confirming that issue was resolved?

We filed 2021 on paper again (have IP PIN which rejects electronic filings - that was separate saga with IRS handling my identity theft case :facepalm:)
But this time we are due small refund, status check is still saying that they have no records, it is already 6 weeks since they received it :(

Gotta love IRS and tax system, we have to buy $20 tax software and then it would not work on my old laptop this year, had to by new one for $900 and then it will not work with my printer, had to replace that one for $400, and then copy of my old MS Office will not work on that laptop, had to upgrade that one also, all that just to file tax returns that IRS keeps loosing :confused:

I have never been a bigger advocate for FairTax then now, sorry for the rant :D

Last edited:
Gotta love IRS and tax system, we have to buy $20 tax software and then it would not work on my old laptop this year, had to by new one for $900 and then it will not work with my printer, had to replace that one for $400, and then copy of my old MS Office will not work on that laptop, had to upgrade that one also, all that just to file tax returns that IRS keeps loosing :confused:

Welcome to the world of modern inconveniences. :(

Back
Top Bottom