Is anyone tempted to do some "market timing"

I'm impressed with the steadfastness people are showing in this market. Many things are coming up that we haven't seen in our lifetimes, lowest savings rate since the Great Depression, first national housing bust since the GD, largest leveraged markets, corps and individuals since right before the GD, and recently the worst first week showing in the DOW since 1932.

Hats off to you folks! I forecast this and planned accordingly - but it scares the willies out of me!

I have no choice but to remain steadfast. Because unlike you I am a mere mortal who cannot predict the future. :D

There really isn't much point to worrying too much about the market. If it actually gets bad enough to severely damage all of the companies that make up the stock market, nothing I do financially is going to matter that much. I probably won't have a job. There won't be anyone making sure my house is provided electricity and heat.

The government will print so much money that the dollars you saved by selling stocks and going to cash aren't going to be worth anything anyway. Even gold is probably only going to make you a target for the people who have guns after the collapse. :D

Guns and canned goods are really the only practical alternatives to stocks, bonds, and real estate. In fact, just stick with the guns. Guns will get you all the canned goods you want. >:D

I'm impressed with the steadfastness people are showing in this market. Many things are coming up that we haven't seen in our lifetimes, lowest savings rate since the Great Depression, first national housing bust since the GD, largest leveraged markets, corps and individuals since right before the GD, and recently the worst first week showing in the DOW since 1932.

Hats off to you folks! I forecast this and planned accordingly - but it scares the willies out of me!

I have no choice but to remain steadfast. Because unlike you I am a mere mortal who cannot predict the future. :D
:D I had the advantage of living in the middle of the dot com. Watched my job be on the edge for oh, six years. It didn't really become stable until a few months ago.

Taught me a lot about bubbles, and I did my homework. Was it different this time with housing? Nahhh ...

This market is a piece of cake compared Oct 19,1987. I'll start complaining the first time I see the dow drop 2500 or the the S&P fall 200. I had the misfortunate of being home sick that day and watched the whole thing in real time..

Back
Top Bottom