Is there a cheaper way to internet?

ijuba

Recycles dryer sheets
I currently pay Microsoft $21.95/mo to have my email account and use MSN. (example: current email address is formatted abc@msn.com)

This fee seems excessive.

Are there less expensive alternatives?

I'd assume that, upon selecting something different/less expensive, my email address would need to change too, right/no?

Does foxfire/Thunderbird offer a total solution to this dilemma at no charge?

Any experience/help appreciated.....

There are lots of places where you can get free e-mail service....yahoo, google, aol, even MSN, I believe...and many where you only pay a few dollars a month. If you use one of these, then you can use any internet provider (even your neighbor's unsecured WiFi network) and change at will without impacting your e-mail address. I assume that you are paying MSN for the internet access, not your e-mail address.

Looks like your either using MSN Premium , or MSN Dialup . Current pricing is $9.95/month for Premium, and $17.95 for dialup, so you should be able to call them and tell them to put you on the cheaper plan.

I'm w/ scrinch -- you want to keep your email seperate from your internet access. I use Yahoo and GMail and both work well and are free. Microsoft has a free service called Hotmail which is also good. In any case your email address will change. Ask them to forward your email for a few months, maybe they'll do it.

Thanks for the info. I ended up going with earthlink and foxfire.

Now I can put that $22/month I was spending back into FIREcalc!

Back
Top Bottom