Is Your Lobbist Speaking up for You??

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here is the list of groups paying lobbyist to influence the debt negotiations.

‪Lobbyists spend to sway debt ceiling‬‏ - YouTube

Interesting... AARP was in the top 5 list. Not a surprise.

The other groups were business oriented lobbyist... business outspent AARP by $4 to $1

Many have criticized AARP... but they may be the only voice (plugged in) that is speaking up for workers who paid into SS and Medicare. I don't see any other group listed (in the big list) that is being an advocate for the average voter almost all of which paid into the SS Trust.

My brother is a lobbyist and he tries to make sure subsidies continue for synfuels (so far successfully). I clipped an article from Scientific American to give him some second thoughts but I doubt he will go for it :)

There is no lobby for middle class, non-union private sector labor. When you look at the steadily eroding deal it's been getting for many years, that becomes obvious. This isn't a group that is going to retire well, early or otherwise.

There is no lobby for non-elderly childfree people, either.

There is no lobby for middle class, non-union private sector labor. When you look at the steadily eroding deal it's been getting for many years, that becomes obvious. This isn't a group that is going to retire well, early or otherwise.

^^^ wish they would come up with the party of the middle class but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen:D

Thought this group was what the Tea Party was suppose to represent.

My brother is a lobbyist and he tries to make sure subsidies continue for synfuels (so far successfully). I clipped an article from Scientific American to give him some second thoughts but I doubt he will go for it :)

Like ethanol? Ask him this, if there were not subsidies for ethanol making it cheaper to buy than regular gas, who would buy it? :confused:

Your brother is a lobbyist and you are good friends with Dick Durbin? Why aren't you a politician? :facepalm::LOL:

Like ethanol? Ask him this, if there were not subsidies for ethanol making it cheaper to buy than regular gas, who would buy it? :confused:

Your brother is a lobbyist and you are good friends with Dick Durbin? Why aren't you a politician? :facepalm::LOL:
Politician -- not a chance. Goofy opinions like them, sure. My brother and his kids are the good friends with the Senator and his family. I am just along by association. And my brother does push ethanol - he can conjure up enough "facts" to leave your head spinning. He 78 and finally retiring this year. He considers it ER since he would have gone longer except that he is almost blind. He likes what he does.

Politician -- not a chance. Goofy opinions like them, sure. My brother and his kids are the good friends with the Senator and his family. I am just along by association. And my brother does push ethanol - he can conjure up enough "facts" to leave your head spinning. He 78 and finally retiring this year. He considers it ER since he would have gone longer except that he is almost blind. He likes what he does.

Isn't that one of the primary requirements of being a successful politician?

Back
Top Bottom