It sucks to be the little fish.

One of my friends said the things he least wanted to be reincarnated as was a bait fish or a ground squirrel.

One of my friends said the things he least wanted to be reincarnated as was a bait fish or a ground squirrel.

I used to joke that I would not want to come back as a wildebeest. Too many different predators, and based on Nat Geo specials a gruesome death. At least the lowly sardine meets a quick end.

I used to joke that I would not want to come back as a wildebeest. Too many different predators, and based on Nat Geo specials a gruesome death. At least the lowly sardine meets a quick end.

Almost makes me want to go vegan if only everything wasn't so tasty....:facepalm:

a51381cfd8bec4664f3fc865bd458895.jpg

We are already full of microbes taking advantage of such an accommodating host - especially our GI tract.

Everybody is eventually someone else's lunch!

Yes. Earthworms will get me, unless I tell my children to use cremation. Whichever the method of disposition, I will be already dead.

YouTube has plenty of National Geographic videos of animals being eaten alive. They are all difficult to watch for long, particularly one I ran across that showed a juvenile elephant being fed on by a pride of lions. The elephant was too big for the lions to kill efficiently, and it took a long time to die while being a live meal. It was very sad, and that's nature.

I never have a desire to go on a safari to see these scenes in person.

Last edited:
That's Monterey history. Seven canneries right on the coast. The boats didn't even need to dock, they poured the catch into floating funnels in the bay which pumped the fish right into the canneries. When the boats came in the various signal horns would blare and the workers would report to their cannery and stay until the catch was processed.

Eventually they fished all the sardines available, the canneries all shut down and Monterrey is now a protected marine sanctuary.

That's Monterey history. Seven canneries right on the coast. The boats didn't even need to dock, they poured the catch into floating funnels in the bay which pumped the fish right into the canneries. When the boats came in the various signal horns would blare and the workers would report to their cannery and stay until the catch was processed.

Eventually they fished all the sardines available, the canneries all shut down and Monterrey is now a protected marine sanctuary.

No more sardines? We can start to eat Asian carp and snakehead fish. Lots of them for everybody to eat. And they are not little fish!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom