It's Monday morning, where are we?

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
A similar chart was posted a few weeks back but I've been unable to locate it. I thought it time to post the Cycle of Investor Emotions again for a reference point.

We might not know exactly where we are but we know where we're headed. If we only had a clue how long it will take us to get there...

Attachments

• EmotionCycle.jpg
    EmotionCycle.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 25
To paraphrase Heisenberg: If you know where you are, you don't know how fast you are going, If you know how fast you are, you don't know where you are.

I think capitulation is mostly past heading toward....drum roll please: Hope and change
coolsmiley.gif

Translation: I don't know either
grin.gif

That looks like a old time party day for me. Glad I don't do that any more - well not as often now.

I'm in Mississippi, currently grilling some sausage patties to go in a couple of biscuits I'm baking. Yum. Got to go refill my meds this morning so I can ride out Rewahoo's chart. :)

Nikkei up 207.75 points
Hang Seng down 210.25 points
European indices up.....

Panic still is my guess. Still a lot of misunderstanding out there of what's really going on.

REWahoo...your rollercoaster is making me dizzy.....yeah, more dizzy than usual....:duh:

Saint's/Green Bay/Monday night football. Hopefully my balanced index is getting rebalanced away by Vanguard's computers as I post - not going to ask about the cat.

heh heh heh - my cat is Mr. M not Shrodinger! :cool:

Having coffee now, true to the namesake. Looks a bit foggy for the beach today so I'll head down to see what the art students are doing. Their market comments tend to lag and be off-point. I will do the contrarian thing.

I think we are between despondency and depression. Although after a 2 day rally we are seeing a flickers of hope. I do expect the rally to be cruelly and brutally snuffed out soon and push back down to despondency.

ReWahoo, thanks for asking.......I am between depression and hope on your scale.
But where am I today?
Spent the day reeling in a limit of speckled trout. Called the DW on the way home and found out that we ended the day a little higher on the "hope" side. :D Wahoo!

I'm in Washington,dc relaxing in my hotel after several wines and I did not even care what the market did today . I'm taking a vacation from anxiety . As Scarlet O Hara said " I'll worry about it tomorrow ".Well maybe not tomorrow as I 'm visiting the newly reopened American History Museum .

Sorry to add to the doom-and-gloom, but....

I think we are past "anxiety" & "denial" and currently somewhere between "fear" & "desperation" on the chart.

We haven't seen a "panic" yet, so there's probably more bad news to come before we hit real "capitulation" and despondency.

I think we are past "anxiety" & "denial" and currently somewhere between "fear" & "desperation" on the chart.

We haven't seen a "panic" yet, so there's probably more bad news to come before we hit real "capitulation" and despondency.

If I have to more depressed than I have already been, you might as well go ahead and shoot me.
img_752590_1_63a18a1c7f3248ff7f22ad65f253b77c.gif

This thread illustrates why it is so hard to make much precise use of ideas like this. Ideas all over the place about where we are on this emotion graph.

IMO, although it can certainly get worse, the extreme and long lasting VIX readings indicate considerable panic. I at least have never before seen this much panic, that was not followed by a very nice rally.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom