Jimmy Fallon: best late night host since Johnny Carson

Last night's "Tonight Show" was the best episode I have seen in ages. Something about Paul McCartney being there and looking good at 72 just made me feel so good. I mean, the guy is a genuine living legend! I've grown up with that guy since I was a wee boy. Then the vocal master Tony Bennett, with Lady Gaga, sang two entertaining songs. Say what you will about her, but she has definitely got some vocal chops of her own or else Bennett wouldn't have anything to do with her. (I mentioned in a post a couple of years back how much I enjoyed their "Lady is a Tramp" performance.)

Anyway, last night's show was fantastic!

Last edited:
Craig Ferguson

Craig Ferguson is best right now IMHO....

I just cannot get interested in any of the others even when they have good guests. (His are the only interviews I really enjoy these days as well.)

I am really going to miss his humor and delivery if he does do something similar after wrapping up his run on the Late Late Show.

A new player coming in September - Colbert taking over for David Letterman.

I think he's going to stir the pot quite a bit.

A new player coming in September - Colbert taking over for David Letterman.

I think he's going to stir the pot quite a bit.

The Colbert Report has been one of my favorite shows of any kind that has ever been on tv. The problem is he plays a character on that show. The way he acts on the show isn't him in real life. He has stated that when he takes over the Late Show he will be himself not his character. Only time will tell if we like Colbert as much as we like "Colbert". I have no doubt he'll be an improvement over Letterman but that's not saying much.

There will never be another Johnny Carson. Jack Paar was great, but Johnny Carson took late night talk to a summit that will NEVER again be reached.

I just cannot get interested in any of the others even when they have good guests. (His are the only interviews I really enjoy these days as well.)

I am really going to miss his humor and delivery if he does do something similar after wrapping up his run on the Late Late Show.

Craig Ferguson's wrap up show is airing tonight. With Leno as his guest.

Back
Top Bottom