John Bogle...

"Beautiful, intelligent, and caring." yup. I'll confess, the Eve Avatar always made me want to be nice to you. Even long after I knew you didn't look like her. The intelligent and caring certainly fits you. I think men are biologically programmed to be nice to pretty women, except for bad boys.
Wow, thanks for the compliment! The responses from some people have been nice, but those from others (mostly newbies who don't "know" me) has been so undesirable that it really made me understand that life isn't easy for unusually beautiful women.

Wow, thanks for the compliment! The responses from some people have been nice, but those from others (mostly newbies who don't "know" me) has been so undesirable that it really made me understand that life isn't easy for unusually beautiful women.

I think retirement makes everyone a little more beautiful!!

I know I look a lot better than I did 2 1/2 years ago.:dance:

VW

I also dreaded opening this post. I was afraid that Jack Bogle had passed on

glad to see it was only a forecast of CAGR

Same here. So glad it is not sad news. Makes me think about posting about thread titles the pet peeve thread. There’s another one here titled “loans”. And I’ll take 3.6 real anytime.

More accurately, the annualized return of the 2 years is 0.87616%, a bit less than 0.88%.

At the end of the 2-year period, $1 becomes $1.0176, as shown in the above post.

And if the return was the same (annualized) between the two years, then 1.0087616 x 1.0087616 = 1.0176.

More accurately, the annualized return of the 2 years is 0.87616%, a bit less than 0.88%.

At the end of the 2-year period, $1 becomes $1.0176, as shown in the above post.

And if the return was the same (annualized) between the two years, then 1.0087616 x 1.0087616 = 1.0176.

That is why I said "simple interest".... you calculated the compound interest rate.

Any other nits to pick?

I did notice you wrote "simple interest".

Hence, I said "more accurately", we would use the geometric mean.

Nitpicking, yes. :) But you did point out the big error in the original question.

Back
Top Bottom