Keep retirement costs low: become homeless

I don't know, I'm beginning to think less is more. Things require time and effort to repair, clean etc. I live in a small cabin with not much storage space. I look around and think I've got to get rid of more THINGS! I think the most interesting time in my life is when I took off a year and traveled with a backpack when I turned 40. I'm watching my neighbors move right now. The stuff they are moving seems ridiculous. Most of it, they could dump. But they are an extended family and I am single. So there you have it. I think I could understand this man. Mentally ill? From the article doesn't sound like it.

I have met all types and tried most of these options out myself, and I am sure that sleeping on the grounds of the centre by choice while trading a $4m portfolio is derangement...its just one step too far beyond the still sane Thoreau in the woods scenario which you are doing.

you might find this to be entertaining

Cynic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the info Kroeran. But I wouldn't say I'm living like Thoreau. I live in the mountains in So Cal which is pretty crowded. But there is a lot of dust here and things get really really dusty. I didn't notice it while I was working but now I think it's incredible. So fewer things less cleaning etc.

Back
Top Bottom