Kid's names

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Saw this article on the most popular kids names for 2012: Aiden, Sophia Remain Most Popular Baby Names in 2012 - ABC News

Top 5 Boys’ Names:
1. Aiden
2. Jackson
3. Ethan
4. Liam
5. Mason

Top 5 Girls’ Names:
1. Sophia
2. Emma
3. Olivia
4. Isabella
5. Ava
Then there was this: Woman names baby 'Hashtag'? - Story - World - 3 News

While I'm on the subject, my grandkids attend school with a young man named Lemaj (James spelled backwards) and a young lady named Abcde (pronounced "ab-sid-ee").

We're all the same. We're all unique. Wait, which is it again?

I often use the most popular kid name sites for naming foster kittens. Figure if people give these names to their kids, they would find them appealing with potential pets. No, I'd never pick Lemaj or Abcde for a kitten name let alone a child's name.

I often use the most popular kid name sites for naming foster kittens. Figure if people give these names to their kids, they would find them appealing with potential pets.

Good idea!

I purchased a green parakeet back in 1985 that I named Olivia. Given her color, it just seemed to fit... :)

It's weird how the trends change through the years.
My name was VERY unpopular in the early 60's when my parents gave it to me. There was a different version that was much more popular.

Then in the 90's and early 00's every little girl had my name.

Now it's unpopular again.

Growing up I didn't know a single "Hazel". Except the maid on My 3 Sons.
Now I know of 4 Hazels - all under age 5.
Weird.

Good idea!

I purchased a green parakeet back in 1985 that I named Olivia. Given her color, it just seemed to fit... :)

Mostly green, like an Olive?

Saw this article on the most popular kids names for 2012: Aiden, Sophia Remain Most Popular Baby Names in 2012 - ABC News

Then there was this: Woman names baby 'Hashtag'? - Story - World - 3 News

While I'm on the subject, my grandkids attend school with a young man named Lemaj (James spelled backwards) and a young lady named Abcde (pronounced "ab-sid-ee").

I am the director of an non-profit agency with 5 childcare centers. We have had lots of Abcde named girls, pronounced that way. We have actually had a 4 year old boy enrolled with the name "Infant Boy Smith" (with a different last name, though.) They didn't name him in the hospital and then found out it cost money to name him later, so they just called him "Infant". Not to mention those who name their children after different alcohols, like Tequila, Vodka and Whiskey. It's all very interesting. There are lots of Jamez, for James, too.

My parents had a rule for naming their children: First name could not be nicknamed (no Robert or Barbara or James or Cynthia)
DH decreed that no family members were to be honored in our children's names.
We combined the two and it seems to have worked well (both kiddos are in their 20s and seem to appreciate that their legal names and their common names are the same).

Back
Top Bottom