labor for replacing bathroom exhaust fan

I do the same and also post DYI videos to help the YouTube community. I have only posted two but both can save you over a thousand each. I am about to post one on low voltage landscape light design and installation which can save you 90% versus having someone do it for you.
I'd be interested in a link to that video when it hit's YouTube

somebody needs to show the coating of mystery dust and fur and soap bubble residue hidden under that plastic cover that never gets pulled for decades at a time. you know - the stuff hiding that one philips screw that needs to be removed to pull the fan base to remove it from the fan housing. the screw that hides so very very well...

Another thought on the subject of vent fans. Ours, 2nd floor master, right over toilet, developed a habit of dropping an occasional drip of water on my head. Figured out that the original vent pipe (23 yo) was not insulated, nor needed to be by code - then. Now does. So my project involved replacing said vent pipe w insulated. Originally was going to pay to have done, but decided to tackle myself when no takers. It was complicated by having added ~8" of blown in insulation that made for a snowdrift beautiful blanket obscuring the truss chords. And, the pipe traveled about 20 ft to the roof penetration.

Ended up fastening a bridge of 2x4's across the path and a ladder up to the roof penetration, gingerly crawling around and up to replace the pipe. (2x4's were only about $2.50 then!). It was a difficult job and one I frankly would not have trusted to Henry the Handyman. I'd price that one well over $200 and make sure he had insurance for when he slipped a foot through the ceiling. Something I did many many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom