LCD HDTV's - Vertical viewing angle

Martha said:
Doesn't a regular tube TV have the best picture?

Correct. But the limiting factor is size. I think the largest one is around 40in.

mathjak107 said:
my own observations are plasmas still have far better richness of color than either lcd or dlp. lcd never seems as bright to me as dlp in a bright room and dlp tends to blur fast action somewhat. plasma dosnt have such great blacks, my dlp has it beat there

I agree that plasmas have more 'richness' of color, but to me they don't look natural. I want a TV that looks like you are looking out a window. Also the thing that really bugs me about plasmas is the Shiny reflective screen that all of them have. Most of the time I can see everything reflected in the room in them. Unless of course you have all the lights off (And I think that is how a lot of 'critics' evaluate them). Add to that the Heat, Burn in Issues, and fan noise and I'll pay a little more for a Quality Flat Panel LCD. I really wanted to like the plasmas because they were cheaper!

Martha said:
Be honest here. Doesn't a regular tube TV have the best picture? The DLPs, LCDs, and plasmas may take up less space but are they really as good or better than the old cathode ray tube?

wow martha im proud of you, you know boy stuff.

yes a crt has the best compiliation of qualities but size is limited.

Best site on the web for researching this stuff:

http://www.avsforum.com/

Bought a 42" Panny plasma last year based on the info from many users and professionals there...very happy with my choice.

Back
Top Bottom