Learning to golf

Sams club - golf cart batteries @ $80 if you can change them yourself. Also for $$$ minded... a lightweight charger for $100, versus the $500+ cost for the regular size. Our last batteries were good for 12 years (including 6mo/yr in the Florida heat). YMMV

+1 on checking with Sam's for golf cart batteries - Interstate brand I think. Lots of folks in the RV world use them as well.

His golf cart maybe battery powered only. Not the normal small gas powered engine. I know that some forklifts have enormous batteries and they can cost into the 4 figures.

My cart uses four 12 volt Trojan batteries. The cost is $160 each plus tax, pushing it close to $700. A friend of mine priced a different brand at Sam's and he said there wasn't much difference in price, plus he would have to install them himself. I don't even have to take my cart anywhere as the supplier will go to my club and do the job there. So that is nice.

Most people I know who have electric carts haven't been able to do any better. Just not many options around here.

Back
Top Bottom