Letters of marque and reprisal

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I am becoming familiar with this phrase from our Constitution (Article1, Section 8). Attached WSJ article suggests the this authority granted by Congress, would be an excellent way to handle all of these online hackers (See Costal) that steal billions of dollars now. You can't see the entire story, but can get a sense of it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-maritime-solution-for-cyber-piracy-11620922458

I like the idea! And a lot of the hackers would be more than willing to do it for nothing more than bragging rights! Although I doubt the taxpayers would object to springing for a few pizzas as reward for bringing the black hats to heel.

I like it.

My dream is for every American to contribute $1 to a fund. With that $330 million, fund a team of people to track down robo callers and deliver street justice to them. If that works out, move on to spammers and scammers. :cool:

My dream is for every American to contribute $1 to a fund. With that $330 million, fund a team of people to track down robo callers and deliver street justice to them. If that works out, move on to spammers and scammers. :cool:

Something similar went though my mind when I heard about the pipeline . . .

Good idea. Also drone strikes.

Who's going to manage this team? If it's the federal gov't, $330M would only cover the chairs, desks, and maybe the soda machine.

Who's going to manage this team? If it's the federal gov't, $330M would only cover the chairs, desks, and maybe the soda machine.
Some guys I found on Facebook, in superhero costumes.

Ha! Now that I'm retired, I knew "some guys" who would have been more than happy to take that deal. It wouldn't be hard to look them, or their successors, up to take on the task.

Back
Top Bottom