Lisinopril Side Effects?

I have been on Lisinopril for around 15 years. I was taking 10 mg to control moderate high BP. Did not notice any side effects. Over the past two years I've lost around 70 lbs. And one day felt light headed. Measured my BP and it was 90/55! I stopped taking it then and since titrated it to 5 mg per day. Though I check my BP every morning and if it is low, I skip the dose that day.

I bought a cheap wrist style BP monitor - there are dozens of brand names and probably only 5 manufacturers likely all Chinese. It seems to work fine - as in, if I feel stressed it will read high. The advantage of having one at home is that you can measure every morning at the same time and get an idea of how you are doing over time.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear back from my doctor (good thing I'm not dying!), but the side effects were starting to be a little overwhelming. So I chose not to take my Lisinopril yesterday and this morning just to see what effect it would have. In just one day I feel more alert, the dizziness and foggy feeling is gone, and today is the first day in over two weeks that I haven't felt constipated. I had forgotten how good it felt to feel good! :)

Unfortunately, as would be expected, my blood pressure creeped back up a bit. So, I'll need to follow up and find an alternative medication. What's the point of reducing cardiovascular risk if I feel bad all the time...
Could be that the dosage is too high.

Back
Top Bottom