Live Long and Prosper Before It Is Too Late!

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I read that starting the new year Star Trek is no longer freely included with Amazon Prime :mad:. You can still watch at Amazon Prime, if you are willing to cough up money (not for me).

In another sign of consolidation on Paramount+, Amazon Prime Video is saying goodbye to the classic Star Trek library of television shows.
Five Star Trek shows leaving Prime

For years Amazon Prime Video in the USA has had the full library of classic live-action Star Trek shows. Like on Netflix and Hulu, you could stream every episode from Star Trek: The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise as part of your Amazon Prime subscription. However, that will all end soon, with all five shows leaving Prime Video in the USA at the beginning of January.

https://trekmovie.com/2021/12/22/5-star-trek-series-leaving-amazon-prime-video-usa-in-january/

Just so happens, I've been watching a few episodes of TOS lately. Looks like I'll have to binge watch til the end of the year.

I will be joining you! My favorite is the original Star Trek.
I have had Amazon Prime for a year and didn't know it was on--lol, obviously don't watch tv as much as I used too.

I will be joining you! My favorite is the original Star Trek.
I have had Amazon Prime for a year and didn't know it was on--lol, obviously don't watch tv as much as I used too.

My favorite too is the original. TNG as the second. Never go into the following series.

The episode I watched last night of the original was "The Tholian Web" where Kirk disappears on The Defiant spaceship.

I subscribed to Paramount+ during one of their deals and I'm finding that I'm watching it quite a bit for more than just Star Trek.

Everything Star Trek will exclusively end up there.

Welcome to the new TV.

Star Trek Discovery = steaming pile of garbage. Original or nothing.

Star Trek Discovery = steaming pile of garbage. Original or nothing.
Keeping the mind open to all kinds of stuff is one of the things I appreciate from watching star trek series/films.

I like the stories and ideas in discovery. Still not sure about abusing time travel so much though.

Also the transportation effect happens a lot faster in discovery than in other series which reduces my anxiety.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

When TOS is no longer available, check out Star Trek Continues (youtube). It's a fan-made production that emulates the TOS look and feel so well, and with such attention to detail, that after 10 episodes Paramount lawyers got on their case and shut them down. STC managed to get some TOS guest actors to appear, and Scotty is nicely played by James Doohan's son. IMO STC is the best of the fan-made productions.

I subscribe to Paramount Plus for all the Star Trek. My favs are Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. I like the new Picard also.

Star Trek Enterprise was an excellent series. It didn’t hurt that T’Pol was inter-galactically hot…!

TNG is still on Netflix, but will eventually leave when the contract ends

Discovery is just OK. I don't like that Michael is always the savior. I could also do without her whispering. (Typical old person ER talk.)

It has some positives, though.

I'm really looking to Strange New Worlds. We met this version of Captain Pike in Discovery. It has promise.

Kirk Travels In Time To Mayberry

Doing my binge watching before Star Trek is no more free on Amazon Prime, I just watched the episode "The City on the Edge of Forever". Considered by some as the best episode of TOS.

A couple of trivia, 1) a young Joan Collins as guest and 2) the Andy Griffith set was used for part of the episode.

At one point, Kirk and Edith (Joan Collins' character) stroll by Floyd's Barber shop as well as later Emett's Fix it Shop on the Andy Griffith show :LOL:.

Attachments

• floyd's barber shop.jpg
    floyd's barber shop.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 23
I think a new Picard is coming out in the next few months on Paramount Plus
Yes! We're waiting on that one, too. We liked both Picard and Discovery.

Although, this bull...crap about paywalling shows or movies, or having them disappear "into the vault" is why I prefer to buy physical media and rip it to my Plex media server, or purchase the copy on a streaming service to get the rights permanently. That last one is supposedly revocable, or at least could disappear if the service folds, but I've seen a couple of services "fold", like Fandango and Disney Anywhere, but they get bought by competitors or absorbed by parent companies, and my purchases are still available.

Back
Top Bottom