Looking for a condo/apartment/house to rent in southern Florida this March.

DougieB

Confused about dryer sheets
We've looked in Craigslist. A lot of the places are super pricey, and you don't know exactly what you're getting. Stayed at the Palace in Myrtle Beach last March. It looked OK on the Web but it was a real dump.

Any advice or specific recommendations would be welcome. A place near a beach would be the best.

Many thanks!
D

Check out vrbo, vacationrentals, vrconnection. You are coming during spring break, so keep that in mind, most of the cheap accomodations will be filled with spring break kids and families. You may also want to look at renting a time share from the owner there are a lot of websites out there but I do not have any recommendations for which one to use.

Check out vrbo, vacationrentals, vrconnection. You are coming during spring break, so keep that in mind, most of the cheap accomodations will be filled with spring break kids and families. You may also want to look at renting a time share from the owner there are a lot of websites out there but I do not have any recommendations for which one to use.

Thanks, I will check those out. I think we'd rather deal directly with the owner though. The private deals would probably be less expensive too.

Thanks, I will check those out. I think we'd rather deal directly with the owner though. The private deals would probably be less expensive too.

At least with vrconnection and vacationrentals you do deal directly with the owner, once you fill in the referral on the website. Many of the home owners have their contact information on the listing as well, so you don't even have to fill in the online referral if you do not want to.

At least with vrconnection and vacationrentals you do deal directly with the owner, once you fill in the referral on the website. Many of the home owners have their contact information on the listing as well, so you don't even have to fill in the online referral if you do not want to.

Thanks for the tip. I've been finding some interesting things on vacationrentals. Will checkout the other one soon!

There may be some resources that you could rely on searching an apartment. You could try to find the local directory on southern Florida and find some information there.

I go to the Sarasota area each year but I would expect this to apply to all Florida vacation rental areas. Since a rental is a perishable item, deals can be had when you are within the 60-day window. Owners, not management firms, will negotiate discounts as the rental window approaches. Research the locations and choose which ones interest you, contact the owners to start a dialog, and balance the price with your level of risk. I have been able to find deals that are more reasonable. I once kept a reservation at a Motel6 in my pocket just incase I was without a room for a day or so but never had to use it. I once even rented a coach in a 55+ park for a month when I was there for just 2 weeks because it was less cash and I liked the environment. Remember to include all the costs – rental, taxes, phone, cleaning, parking, HOA registration, ….

Back
Top Bottom