Loss of value on vehicle

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, I know that you can get a loss of value when someone does damage to your vehicle...

So, is there anybody in the industry or anybody who has gone through this that can tell me how to figure out what damage I have:confused:

The amount of repairs on the car is close to $6K... they are going to have to cut the back quarter panel off as it is in bad shape... do not yet know if there is any suspension damage, but they did hit the wheel and damaged that... along with the front and back door... and rear bumper...

Probably depends a bit on the car. $6K damage isn't much, but if on a Bugatti Veyron it might be more than a Toyota Yaris.

Is this one of the cars that just got hail damage?

Is this one of the cars that just got hail damage?

Yes... all cars received hail damage... this one just got lucky and now has two claims on it... and, it is the one I have a lien on so I now have to go through the finance company to cash the checks.. :facepalm: It is also only 5 months old....

On the hail damage: There are specialized body shop repairmen that can take hail damage out of your car. They're called paintless dent repairmen. They have special tools and techniques that do just wonders. In their own way, they're just artists at removing dents and dings.

I've seen cars that looked like they had a hammer taken to them--fixed in 1/2 day without bondo or paint work.

Many of these guys go from body shop to body shop, car dealer to car dealer on a set schedule fixing cars.

On the hail damage: There are specialized body shop repairmen that can take hail damage out of your car. They're called paintless dent repairmen. They have special tools and techniques that do just wonders. In their own way, they're just artists at removing dents and dings.

I've seen cars that looked like they had a hammer taken to them--fixed in 1/2 day without bondo or paint work.

Many of these guys go from body shop to body shop, car dealer to car dealer on a set schedule fixing cars.

Yes, most of the repair is supposed to be paintless... I was looking at the repair estimate and was surprised on how many dents the guy found... on the roof of the SUV there are 125... I saw about 15....

Back
Top Bottom