Magazine Subscription Costs?

You are my hero. I get two daily newspapers (yes I did say PAPERS) and a few magazines. None as expensive as that. I usually let them lapse and renew with "deals".

I miss my daily hard copy newspaper, but delivery became too unreliable and for $40 a month and not receiving it daily it ticked me off. So I got the ipad subscription version online for $20 a year. I am getting used to the format now and almost do not miss the hard copy anymore.

we get the local paper daily except when we're traveling. it was ~$40 p/m. by paying annually i got it down to ~$17 p/m. i got into reading the paper as a kid. The Chicago Tribune at the b'fast table and The Chicago American after school. as a college freshman i subscribed to The Chicago Today by mail and was really disappointed when it didn't come. those were the days when Chicago had four major dailies...the Trib and Sun Times in the morning and the American and Daily News in the afternoon.

I spend around $2k/yr on newspaper + mag subscriptions. Yikes. That includes WSJ and Barrons.

Needless to say, I like paper, and I think I'm gonna go broke on it.

When we retired, long time ago now, DH got disgusted with how much time he spent reading the morning paper. That plus the paper was terrible about stopping for our travel schedule. 1999 - they had recently created a digital version. That cinched it - no more delivered paper!

When we went full time RVing we cancelled all mailed magazine subscriptions. I had shelves of saved issues to dispose of. Never again!

I get Handyman mag every other month. About $10/year fee.

I also get Hagerty Motor mag every other month as part of my Hagerty Driving Club membership with my classic car. Great publication for us gearheads.

We (DW, really) also get the Wednesday and Sunday Houston Chronicle for her reading enjoyment. About $30 every two months.

Normally I pay $5 for a year subscription, but many are free. I'm willing to go up to $1 per issue for something I like (example Kiplinger or handyman).

I find the paper editions are much better for swatting spiders/flys compared to my tablet.

I spend around $2k/yr on newspaper + mag subscriptions. Yikes. That includes WSJ and Barrons.

Needless to say, I like paper, and I think I'm gonna go broke on it.

I get the WSJ and only pay $10 a month. My daughter is in college, so she subscribes for the student price and gets it delivered to my house. I have two more kids heading to college, so should be fine for 8-10 more years. If you have an EDU email address, you could use the same. Much cheaper!

Back
Top Bottom