Managed Fixed Income Funds

Kinda off topic, but how did you find out about the webinar? I actually have a fair bit of $$$ at FIDO and would expect that I would get notifications about things like this.

Now normally I would be happy to get less marketing material from a company not more, but in this case it feels like I might be missing out.

I listened in on one where a M* poster gave the link. I thought it was educational, and a good summary/review. But I haven't looked for more. They must have a webinar link somewhere.

Early in ER I'm playing the CD laddering game to avoid a bad sequence of returns. This amounts to about 40% of my fixed income allocation. The rest is spread across a few bond funds with intermediate durations. I'll take the maturing CD's and either roll them over or take the distributions. Interest and dividends cover my annual w/d so most of the exercise is moot anyway.

Here is a link to the Fidelity Learning Center webinar schedule:

https://www.fidelity.com/learning-center/events/overview

There is a Guest Access feature if you're not a Fido customer. I guess you would need an account to get unlimited access. I believe someone reported establishing an account without funding it to gain access to the retirement planner tool.

There is an all day "quarterly learning day" scheduled for 3/29/17. I think it would be cool if several members attend and discuss their opinions.

Check their Web Site and do the little quiz but as I understand it "be a veteran or know a veteran member" that will for lack of a better word "sponsor" you.

Interesting. Not that long ago the only way for dad (and Army vet from the early 60s) to join was via me (who slunk in the back door when Navy took over that failing credit union in California).

I think they sent me an email notification a few days ago. I should have listened; sounds interesting.

I am not the OP but I get emails from Fido and recently Vanguard also. If you check out the section called Learning Center on Fido's website it shows a calendar of upcoming events.

As jazz wrote, the Fido website has the info ...they also front for other financial institutions sometimes ...

I have been getting smarter on Fido materials ...really pretty incredible compared to even a few years ago ...they have a very good model, there, as well.

As jazz wrote, the Fido website has the info ...they also front for other financial institutions sometimes ...

I have been getting smarter on Fido materials ...really pretty incredible compared to even a few years ago ...they have a very good model, there, as well.

I am very pleased with the Learning Center at Fido. I wanted to clarify that when you say "front for other institutions" the presenters are frequently affiliates of partner companies like Blackrock that have products available on Fido's platform. Somehow the joint presentation enhances the credibility of the info for me.

I sat through a Vanguard video also that was a live panel discussion and I was surprised how great the visuals were (considering the overall tendency for VG to be [-]low budget[/-] highly cost effective).

Fido has long been a fund "supermarket" which is what made me open a brokerage account there decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom