Markets are psycho

that's if Obama will want to get rid of Bernanke which is a big if. what did Bernanke do wrong?

1. Didn't cut deep enough, fast enough.

2. Didn't scream loud enough when we let Lehman fail.

until July the big fear was inflation and back in february when he was cutting rates everyone was saying he was crazy because it would cause inflation to increase. by July when deflation became the fear the rates were already pretty low.

why exactly is the US supposed to save lehman and let GM fail?

until July the big fear was inflation and back in february when he was cutting rates everyone was saying he was crazy because it would cause inflation to increase. by July when deflation became the fear the rates were already pretty low.

why exactly is the US supposed to save lehman and let GM fail?

Detroit is too far from Washington and New York for the auto execs to play golf with the decision makers.

Ha

as well as psychos running the market I suspect computers have something to do with it also. All those complex modeling systems, automated buying and selling etc. Some of the modellling software use "neural networks" to make predictions so may be the computers are psycho as well. I once heard a saying that went something like:
"Computers make mistakes faster than anything, with the possible exception of guns and tequilla"

from 2001: A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick,

Interviewer: HAL, you have an enormous responsibility on this mission, in many ways perhaps the greatest responsibility of any single mission element. You're the brain, and central nervous system of the ship, and your responsibilities include watching over the men in hibernation. Does this ever cause you any lack of confidence?
HAL: Let me put it this way, Mr. Amor. The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

source: 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - Memorable quotes

Detroit is too far from Washington and New York for the auto execs to play golf with the decision makers.

Ha

that's why they take private jets to all the business meetings

Nice reminder Freebird - I need to watch those movies again.:D

Maybe short term capital gains tax rate was raised to 50% or higher it
would put and end to all this volatility.

Back
Top Bottom