Martin Shkreli requests prison release so he can research coronavirus drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Martin Shkreli, who became infamously known as the "Pharma Bro" after massively hiking up the cost of a life-saving drug, has asked to be released from prison so he can work on a treatment for coronavirus."

I say - no way, let him rot in prison - the medical communities don't need this punk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...h-coronavirus-drugs/ar-BB12gycb?ocid=msedgntp
Hahaha.

I didn't know he's in Allenwood Federal Prison. He has a nice view of a golf course and he should enjoy his sentence there.

I played golf at that course. I remember when my DM and her girlfriends would holler at G. Gordon Liddy when he was staying there.

I say - no way, let him rot in prison - the medical communities don't need this punk.

Absolutely. I'm sure that whatever he came up with would sell for the low, low price of say, $40,000 per dose.

I'm sure the world is better off with that vermin staying right where he is.

"Martin Shkreli, who became infamously known as the "Pharma Bro" after massively hiking up the cost of a life-saving drug, has asked to be released from prison so he can work on a treatment for coronavirus."

[/url]

"Sure. I've got a COVID-19 cure. Only $100,000 a shot"

Hey Martin, tell you what: Coordinate your resources from prison to find a solution quickly, and we can see about commuting the remainder of your sentence.

this should go in the covid humor thread

If Shkreli is anywhere near the best we can come up with science-wise, then we are in a heck of a lot more trouble than I thought. He is not a scientist, he is a crooked business charlatan

Last edited:
Everyone has a purpose; this guy's is to be a Guinea pig

Don't underestimate his potential usefulness. Inject that weasel with the virus, and then test a few of the candidate drugs on him.

If he lives, send him a bill for $100k per shot.

Last edited:
Hey, c'mon. He's just a businessman. He's entitled to make a profit. Let the marketplace decide. This is America.

Why is this news? I hear that every prisoner has an angle on why they should be released immediately. This scumbag's name shouldn't be in the headlines. Move along, people. Nothing to see here.

I was going to ask if we're really that desperate for news. They I read that Tiger King is the current #1 series. Yeah. I guess we are that desperate.

There is surprisingly little history to suggest that engaging this person would bring constructive results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli

Well first it was satire/parody. I know all about Schekreli and why we should all urinate onto is slashed up corpse while his family is made to watch.

Second, a businessman only pretends to constructive results. His main aim is to get the money. If it wasn't productive for the other party... let the buyer beware! It's what they call "freedom."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...h-coronavirus-drugs/ar-BB12gycb?ocid=msedgntp

There are many large rocks out there needing to be turned into small rocks with a sledge hammer. I'd say Martin is the right man for the job.

For the record, Tony Soprano also described himself as a businessman

Well first it was satire/parody. I know all about Schekreli and why we should all urinate onto is slashed up corpse while his family is made to watch.

Second, a businessman only pretends to constructive results. His main aim is to get the money. If it wasn't productive for the other party... let the buyer beware! It's what they call "freedom."

I got the satire. My response was the least libelous way I could think of to second it.

I'm not sure your second point is entirely accurate or fair to businessmen (or businesswomen). Are there bad apples? Natch. Doesn't mean the whole barrel is rotten.

The honest version:

"please release me so I can flee to a non-extradition country to enjoy all the money you all know I've hidden away"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom